Too early to harvest?

I have a k-train plant currently at 8 weeks. The trichs are 75%cloudy25%clear (what I'm shooting for) and my goal is to chop by 9 weeks (GHs suggestion). Only problem is +90% of the pistils are still white with not much swelling and recessing taking place. I don't really have the opportunity to go longer than 9 weeks so I'm just wondering if this will be a huge impact on final weight?

From what I understand, trichs are important but not the whole picture. It sounds like you want the more sativa-like high by harvesting early but if the pistils are still mostly white then your plant is telling you she is still filling out. Her buds won't be as fat as they would be but if you really can't harvest any later, then I wouldn't worry about it. It will still be great stuff!

Disclaimer: I am not a pro grower by far, can anyone else weigh in on this?

Thank you very much guys for getting back to me :thanks::Namaste:

I am definitely shooting for the more sativa high and yeah looks like I'll wait as long as I can..just sucks I've already started flushing too lol

Here's a couple pictures if anyone was curious...

IMG_3163.JPG

IMG_31653.JPG

Thank you guys very much for chiming it, I really appreciate it :circle-of-love:

I am definitely shooting for the more sativa high and yeah looks like I'll wait as long as I can..just sucks I've already started flushing too lol

IMG_3163.JPG

IMG_31653.JPG

Thank you guys very much for chiming it, I really appreciate it :circle-of-love:

Why that looks like a plant of the month winner!!!!

Still looks a little early MissB, she's definitely frosty but if you plucked her now those buds would shrink up like raisins by the time she's dry. I'm kinda in the same spot myself, been eyeballing two plants (one Blueberry and one Blue Dream), both are at 60 days today so all indicators (pistils, trichs, fan leaves, etc.) are saying yank them, but they're just not *quite* done filling in yet.

Anyway, good luck, that's a gorgeous plant you have there either way... :grinjoint: :peace:

very nice let her go till you have to pluck her.if you have to chop well then you have to chop:bravo:

Still looks a little early MissB, she's definitely frosty but if you plucked her now those buds would shrink up like raisins by the time she's dry. I'm kinda in the same spot myself, been eyeballing two plants (one Blueberry and one Blue Dream), both are at 60 days today so all indicators (pistils, trichs, fan leaves, etc.) are saying yank them, but they're just not *quite* done filling in yet.

Anyway, good luck, that's a gorgeous plant you have there either way... :grinjoint: :peace:

It's great to have you along CaliPho3nix :welcome::Namaste::peace::circle-of-love:

I definitely agree with everything you say friend, it is very sticky but I don't see the swelling like last time so far. It's weird because these buds are bigger than last times already but there still hasn't been any swelling (if that makes sense lol).

I will go as long as I have and hopefully she gets super fat lol:cheer::high-five:

You don't have a journal of your Blue Dream and Blueberry?, they sound delicious! :drool::popcorn::cheesygrinsmiley:;)

very nice let her go till you have to pluck her.if you have to chop well then you have to chop:bravo:

Welcome to the party fish cake!! :Namaste::circle-of-love::high-five:

I really appreciate your kindness friend, puts a super smile on my face =)

And I will wait as long as I can so hopefully she starts swelling :Namaste:

this was to early for me but the little one was juussst right
DSC015103.JPG
DSC015191.JPG
second plant went 12 more days:peace:

That's an awesome reference fish cake! :bravo: and :thanks:

I think your first picture looks like mine quite a bit...

Did you notice a big difference in yield, flavour or potency from the two?
both planted at the same time I got over zelous on the first and took her down about 9 weeks the trichs were mostly cloudy but the buds were fluffy.when she dried out I got 56 grams but did not weigh her wet. the other I called the uncola as it was just a 20" popcicle I left go for 12 more days and the buds were like rocks. so that one wet weighed 63 grams. had I left the first plan shown go 2 more weeks I bet my yield would have bee 3/4 oz more.so grow grow grow till you cant grow no mo havent tried the smoke from the second yet she is still drying. but the first is a good smiley face buzz maybe 2 hours long gets me doin stuff. if I had to geuss about the other the way the trichs looked doin stuff wont be on the list at least if it dont got no remote control:smokin:

Im in the same boat cali. Im sittin at 62 days and every thing says pull but shes just not ready yet. The trichsare not ready. But man Ive taken a sample and Its some nice smoke. I dont have pics on this lap top but when I get home I will post some pics. Buds are all swollen. Oh and this pot its a mystery to me I dont no the name or anything got the seeds in an 1/8 I got before I started growing last yr. Ive grown it twice it gets better every time.

bro that should be a state park:)

IMG_3163.JPG

IMG_31653.JPG

Even if your already flushing slip in molasses with the water...it will plump the buds, double the stickiness and help you hit the finish line....stay off nutes. :bravo:

Even if your already flushing slip in molasses with the water...it will plump the buds, double the stickiness and help you hit the finish line....stay off nutes. :bravo:
yeah what you said:thumb:

Not the best grower out there, but isn't sugars one of the things you are wanting to flush out of your smoke before clip? Am i wrong? "pump with molasses?" Would you do that right up until the end? I have molasses. thats what i feed my compost tea.

Back
Top Bottom