Too Many Sprouts.. Need Help

GaneshasPoisn

Hey Guys,
First time grower here, and new to the site. I wasnt sure how many of my seeds would germ, and ended up having more sprouts than I will have room for. My question is, which sprouts should I pull? I know I've read, that male plants tend to shoot up faster than females. I'm not sure if this is proven or anything. So I'm wondering if it would be safe to pull the smalls ones.. I have room for 3 plants, and have 8 sprouts right now. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

:thanks:

rsz_1j.jpg

rsz_2j.jpg

rsz_3j.jpg

You should pull the droopiest ones. There is no way to tell sex until flowering begins. Pull the least healthy looking ones and go with the three strongest.

You should pull the droopiest ones. There is no way to tell sex until flowering begins. Pull the least healthy looking ones and go with the three strongest.

Normally the biggest strongest & tallest ones are the males

They grow faster to get above the females and disperse their pollen down to the females. Nature in action.

I would suggest growing them all as long as needed to determine sex. It's impossible to tell if they have not sexually matured.

Grow them in those little cups for another week and then 12 and 12 the group to find out who is who.

That's a good problem to have! :ganjamon:

I would pull the two weakest now. That leaves you with 6 and a 50/50 chance of getting 3 females. How long were you planning on vegging for? I assume a space for three plants could support 6 young ones for a few weeks?
Males grow stretchy, lots of space between the internodes. That's the first sign. If your vegging long enough you should be able to tell when they hit their sexual maturity. Can you keep a couple in a separate veg area while the other 3 go to flower? That would give you the chance to grow a mother plant to take cuttings from.

If none of that is an option keep the three strongest and hope for the best. With any luck you will get three ladies! :goodluck:

Back
Top Bottom