Germination help

cosmostrobes

So only one of the four seeds I tried germing from nirvana seems to have had any luck germing. showed white on the side but didnt sprout out. I planted it. actually I planted all four and I'm not sure if any of them will sprout but the rest seemed as they were before trying to germinate. Am I wasting my time? I'm thinking I should've kept them in a hotter room. I did the water cup method. my room is pretty cold because of the AC but now I'm letting them germ in a room with no AC. hopefully it works out. only the paper towel method this time though.

So only one of the four seeds I tried germing from nirvana seems to have had any luck germing. showed white on the side but didnt sprout out. I planted it. actually I planted all four and I'm not sure if any of them will sprout but the rest seemed as they were before trying to germinate. Am I wasting my time? I'm thinking I should've kept them in a hotter room. I did the water cup method. my room is pretty cold because of the AC but now I'm letting them germ in a room with no AC. hopefully it works out. only the paper towel method this time though.

How long have they been in soil? Seeds can sometimes take a week or longer to germinate and rise out of the soil. If it's been longer than that you can gently brush the soil until you find the seed to see if it popped yet. Make sure you don't plant too deep. 1/8"-1/4" deep, in well airated soil and gently mist the top if it's drying up.

Temperature can be a problem if too cold or hot. 75-80℉ is ideal.

If it hasn't been a week, I wouldn't worry too much.

actually last night is when i planted. I just wanted some insight, i'll take your advice though and say after ten days its a failure on these seeds.

Back
Top Bottom