Too Much heat

zookr

I have just built a 6'X6" grow room inside Iam using Ebb and Flow table and 1000 watt light and my problem is I dont have easy outside air source, The room stays 70 degrees plus year round..until I turn on my 1000 watt light and the temp satrts rising I stop when I hit 80 degrees,I can remove the heat from the grow room with cooling hood and fan but the room that the setup is in begins to heat..How can I cool the air coming from the light?? is there a inline air duct cooler that would be maybe liquid cooled so I could disperse heat into liquid resevoir?? coming from light...HELP PLZ!! I wann start asap with out anymore big investments???

does you lamp have inlet and exhaust holes in it? if so then duct lamp with a blower. If no inlet/exhaust then vent the room manually (cut holes in the walls) and use a blower to do the same thing...rather easy either way

Ya I have installed hood ducting to fan, hood is cool, but im trying to cool the air that comes out of ducting after the light, Running exterior exhaust is very difficult. Has anyone use liquid cooled light hoods? if so which ones work best??

Ya I have installed hood ducting to fan, hood is cool, but im trying to cool the air that comes out of ducting after the light, Running exterior exhaust is very difficult. Has anyone use liquid cooled light hoods? if so which ones work best??

can you tie into a bathroom or laundry vent? or into sewer pipe vent?

Hog,
You can tie into the bathroom exhaust fan vent. Most are only 3" diameter but it is better than nothing. If 80 is your max high temp that is not that bad. If it continues to climb above that then you have worries.

I just fired up my two 600's in a 4x8 tent. By pulling outside air to cool the lights and the room after two hours my temp was 77f and 45%RH. Tap that bath vent.

Bath vent is great idea but kind take away from disguise...What I found is I made a mini heat sink, by splitting the 6" conduit tubing into two 6" conduits reduced heat temp output in to half now, next I will try adding longer tubes (which I will pick up tomorrow), I think that will trap heat in tubes lower axhaust temps, to just about where I need, if that does not work I will be building a liquid cooled air box with a old transmission cooler and cold water, Car air condioner ..forced air portable heater uses same principle...Wish me luck and if it works im sure I can build it for under $100.00 thats ALOT cheaper than running AC :) and will never wear out, if it works I will try and post a picture and plans.

Bath vent is great idea but kind take away from disguise...What I found is I made a mini heat sink, by splitting the 6" conduit tubing into two 6" conduits reduced heat temp output in to half now, next I will try adding longer tubes (which I will pick up tomorrow), I think that will trap heat in tubes lower axhaust temps, to just about where I need, if that does not work I will be building a liquid cooled air box with a old transmission cooler and cold water, Car air condioner ..forced air portable heater uses same principle...Wish me luck and if it works im sure I can build it for under $100.00 thats ALOT cheaper than running AC :) and will never wear out, if it works I will try and post a picture and plans.

cool

well that might work but i built my own ac unit that worked very well
i found a 1x1x2' plastic box and put rails on the inside to hold the BBQ grill scrubbers in place (they are like a bug scotch bright pad just bigger and less dense then above the pads i ran a straight piece of PVC that conected to a 50 GPH fountain pump having the water drip threw the mesh and a fan sucking and a fan blowing this unit i made cooled my tiny apt 15 deg (it took 2 hours but it works ) the only issue is the water evaped fairly quickly but that is an easy fix with a tank and float valve , i have a feeling this idea will solve your issue just be sure to add a couple caps of bleach to water found if the unit sat not running it would get a little funky smell but only if it sat not in use

Ok I have found a quick daytime solution, I used a oil cooler from a motorcycle (Cleaned really well) and a LARGE ice chest full cool water and frozen milk jugs and a small fountain pump.
Basic idea is to disperse heat into cooler, it works but over 6-8 hours the heat from the light warms the water and frozen milk jugs have to be replaced with frozen ones, I could cycle this for as long as I have frozen jugs but is taking too much room in freezer.
My next step is to try and use a Mini frig to replace cooler, it is still cheaper than AC and alot quieter.
Anyone ever tried this please give me any heads up you can

Back
Top Bottom