Too Tall

Botanical

I have a female Thai Super Skunk.
I am using the DWC method.
I figured out too late that I should have done the Scrog method.

I had to take the light from the ceiling of the grow closet and move it to be vertically mounted to the door next to the vent (for cooling) and then placed wires (from wall to wall) about 8 inches from the bulb to keep the branches from getting burned.

Long story short, I topped the lady right on time but now into the 8th week of flowering and she is way too tall and bushy for the cabinet (Breeching the wire boundary regularly). Do I cut her way back and sacrifice harvest time? Or keep pressing her behind the wires (getting random heat burns)???

I also have the yeast and sugar water bottle for a little CO2 and I add some hydrogen peroxide into the nutrient water every two days because I heard it helps the heat stress.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Re: Toooo Tall

Botanical,

My opinion is you are going to have a great plant...I would keep pressing her behind the wires, let her take her burns here and there and keep going. If you trim her, the plant is going to use extra energy to repair the cut. The burn is no big deal, she won't slow growth because of light burn. Good luck!!

How long is the flowering time on that particular strain? My plants don't get much vertical growth after the first month of flower but they are 8 weekers.

That's all I really needed Longhornfan. A little encouragement to bring me back to earth.

I read the flowering time in the description of the seeds and it says long. That's it. I am thinking it will be at least 12-16 weeks but with the DWC I would hope it will take less time (supposedly 3/4 of normal time). Plus the little CO2 and my nightly visits (contributing more CO2) should help speed up that overall process as well.

Back
Top Bottom