Top growth is yellowing heavily, what's the cause?

There is a distinction between auto and photo ive had 1 auto I could feed full strength my last 2 auto grows I could only feed half strength. that's 1 plant from about 20. fast buds have a auto guide not that I follow it this is what they say

Most nutrients are designed for photoperiodics, making it easier to over or underfeed and damage your autoflowering plant. That's why we recommend following the best nutrient schedule for autoflowers which has been adapted for you to grow autos using nutrients designed for photos.

• Week 0 Germination - Plain water;
  • Week 1 Seedling - Plain water;
  • Week 2 Vegetating - ⅛ veg. nutes;
  • Week 3 Vegetating - ¼ veg. nutes;
  • Week 4 Vegetating - ¼ to ½ veg. nutes;
  • Week 5 Pre-flowering - ¼ veg. nutes + ⅛ bloom;
  • Week 6 Flowering - ¼ bloom + ⅛ veg. nutes;
  • Week 7 Flowering - ¼ bloom nutes;
  • Week 8 Flowering - ½ bloom nutes;
  • Week 9 Flowering - ½ bloom nutes;
  • Week 10 Ripening - ⅛ bloom nutes;
  • Week 11 Flushing - Plain water.

I feel like there's no progress at all, but it seems to be dying even more. I'm out of ideas, really don't know what's wrong anymore

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

It’s nutrient lockout. Water only till it clears up.
don’t go Down the pH rabbit hole.
Heres one I have with the same issue that’s on its way back. Looks over watered cuz it is. Water every day till she clears up.
IMG_7171.jpeg
IMG_7172.jpeg
The second picture is one that has recently come out of ‘new yellow growth’. What happened in my case was I fertilized before the nutes were used up in the ffof plant mix.

I feel like there's no progress at all, but it seems to be dying even more. I'm out of ideas, really don't know what's wrong anymore
Lift your pots and see if theres roots coming out of bottom or side near bottom. I don't think the roots have filled the pot u say there in 25l pots with 20l soil but you have only just fed 1ltr start of flower and there autos i only use 12l pots with autos. when u water keep feeling underneath pot water until the bottom feels damp also try what zig zag man is saying

Little update - I bit the bullet and checked on the soil of the smaller right plant, as they get worse and worse every day. The leaves just started looking funky, the pointy sides of the leaves (not the tips) curled inwards, the leaves started looking strangely mushy and shiny, and everything else is just dying off. I just can't stand the fact that they're dying in front of my eyes, with no way to help them. Yes just water would've been an idea, but the soil was still wet for some reason after days and days with good temperatures, good airflow, I just don't understand.

here's what I found out: I turned the fabric pot inside out, and what I noticed was literal clay as soil (BioBizz Allmix for your info). Extremely muddy, solid, wet soil, with no aeration. It was literally dripping wet on the bottom. Problem is - I never overwatered, and the pots are raised from the floor too. I didn't mush the soil together when I made the pots ready, it was all airy back then. There were almost no roots, the root"ball" was laughably tiny. The roots themselves were rather white and healthy-looking though, the main root was alright, but only around 4 inches long. There was no nice root system, nothing. 95% of the soil was just completely free of any root system, and muddy as hell. DId I get a bad batch of Allmix, or what happened? Or was it just too much soil? Was I stupid to listen to all the people saying that a 6 gallon pot would be perfect for autos? Or was it just my inexperience in connection to such a huge pot?

Little side info: I'm good with plants, it's just cannabis for some reason. I have a full garden, including trees, apples, everything, got indoor plants, monsteras, bonsais, aloe vera, they're all thriving beautifully. I've never seen such thick heavy soil, unless it's old natural soil in the garden. Something went really wrong there.

So here's what I did for the "project" plant: I rolled the fabric pot to half its size, filled it with the uppermost soil which I took out at the beginning, which was just averagely wet, and very airy. Around 10L of soil. I then re-potted the plant, and now I'm waiting for what's to come. Did I maybe kill it? Who knows, I'm an amateur who's just silly. I still have the other plant, didn't touch it yet.

For this reason I'm currently getting a new seed ready, this time a photo Special Kush #1 strain. Just if everything goes sideways, I'll at least have a backup handy, but this time only one plant, and a photo, because I feel a thousand times more safe with a photoperiod one, it allows WAY more mishaps. Autos are a scary sub-strain, gotta say that. My experience with the photo were wonderful back then, and whenever I did something wrong, there was more than enough time to fix everything. One big mistake with autos, and you've got a huge problem. My respect to those who can do this easily.

Back
Top Bottom