Did low temperatures cause these red & yellow leaves?

Acid

Hey growers,

So I'm 40 days into flowering now, doing a $0 grow, which is also my first grow, with a random seed. I can't afford shit right now, can't check pH, can't buy CalMag. I weren't prepared for this grow & pretty much just got thrown in. It's a bad situation, but hey, shit happens. My plant went through 60 days of veg and 25 days of flowering without even one sign of nute problems or anything, which surprised me. It was just extremely root bound once.

Anyways, here's my strange problem - My top leaves all turned to a dark red, and some became yellow. I couldn't find a similar problem yet, only red stems and all that.

This all began when I installed a fan for air circulation near the growbox door, and had the door slightly open all the time. Temperatures outside are at about 9°C / 48F, and this air got blown straight into the box, onto the top of the plant. I didn't really think about this, and thought that everything is alright, because the thermometer showed a stable 78F, which should've been perfect. But yeah, the thermometer showed the average temperature, since it was in the back, behind the plant, on the same height as the biggest "buds". The fan didn't directly blow onto it, but on the top buds. Now almost all my top fan leaves and "bud leaves" turned to a dark red, sometimes purple-ish. I feel like my plant was used to higher temperatures, since I never used a fan before until ~16 days ago, so the cold air might have caused this, but I want to ask you guys.

Another problem are small brown spots on the bud leaves. I think this might be a calcium deficiency, but I probably won't be able to fix it without a budget. Other problem is, CalMag is pretty much not available where I live. Only in huge amounts, for lots of money, and only one option - AN Sensi Cal-Mag Xtra.

I'm using a 400W HPS, distance between plant and lamp is at about 18 inches.
Temperature at night is between 62 and 66F
Temperature at day is between 78 and 82F (82F if I close the growbox, so fresh cold air from the new fan won't come in, but another fan blows fresh air in all the time, so everything is alright. Just the temperature rises.)
Using BioBizz nutes, last watering was on Saturday with 10ml Top Max, 12ml BioGrow & 14ml BioBloom.

And here are some pictures, because they often say more than 417 words.
IMG_86565.JPG
IMG_86584.JPG
IMG_86503.JPG
IMG_86452.JPG
IMG_86543.JPG

Don't know what else you might need, but I can't give precise informations like pH and ppm and whatever, don't have anything to check it. But still, ask.

With regards

Hi, It looks fine and harvest soon.:cheer:

You sure? It's still really fluffy and doesn't have any "weight" to it. Sadly I don't have a microscope yet, but a friend will give me one soon. Telling just by the pictures, how much weeks would be left? Just a rough estimate, I know that it's almost impossible without trichome pictures. I'd guess at least 3 or 4 weeks, but I have no idea.

I totally concur - the low temps + end of life are darkening that plant. I think it's kinda hot. Good job!! If you can't see your trichs, go with your gut and watch the pistils. When at least 70% of those are orange, go for it, IMHO.

I'd say a few more. Watch them close. They still have a little swelling to go. I usually have to keep telling myself...one more day, just one more...:) and it always pays off.

I need you to come to my house and say that to me repeatedly ROFLMAO

Back
Top Bottom