Top leaves turning yellow: need some advice please!

HappyMeal

420 Member
Hey all,

Long time lurker, first time poster.

This is my second grow and everything seemed to be going well, however in the last week or so I've noticed the almost all of the top leaves turning yellow and drying out. I've done a bit of research and the only thing I can think of is light burn? Images below

Some details of my grow
  • Roughly 5 weeks into flower
  • Soil grow
  • LED lights (on the lowest setting as far from the plant as possible)
  • pH level is around 6.9
  • Temperature and humidity should be ok (though I'm not measuring these. I live in quite warm climate - it's summer here)
I feel I'm quite far along with the grow and too far along to claw back any damage. I'm reaching out to the community in the hope I can have some questions answered
  1. Is it expected to have these leaves dry out?
  2. If all the leaves dry out and the crystal heads have not turned milky white, what should I do?
Thanks for taking the time to read and help a dude out :peace:

It seems like she wanted more nutrients, and in this case, I think PK. Next time you grow, water with a PK booster during flowering about 2 weeks in.

If it were me, I would during the next feed, give her a bit of a PK Booster and some calmag.

Hey all,

Long time lurker, first time poster.

This is my second grow and everything seemed to be going well, however in the last week or so I've noticed the almost all of the top leaves turning yellow and drying out. I've done a bit of research and the only thing I can think of is light burn? Images below

Some details of my grow
  • Roughly 5 weeks into flower
  • Soil grow
  • LED lights (on the lowest setting as far from the plant as possible)
  • pH level is around 6.9
  • Temperature and humidity should be ok (though I'm not measuring these. I live in quite warm climate - it's summer here)
I feel I'm quite far along with the grow and too far along to claw back any damage. I'm reaching out to the community in the hope I can have some questions answered
  1. Is it expected to have these leaves dry out?
  2. If all the leaves dry out and the crystal heads have not turned milky white, what should I do?
Thanks for taking the time to read and help a dude out :peace:

Good day my friend @HappyMeal welcome to 420magazine.:welcome:
As stated above she is hungry and using up the stored nutrients in her leaves.
Next run get yourself some cloth grow bags or air pots.
It's better for the roots.
@GeoFlora Nutrients next run will also be beneficial to your ladies.
Keep up the good work Amigo.

Stay safe
Bill

heya friend,,

how do you know the ph? and the ph of what?

no mention of nutes and as mentioned, the plant looks very hungry

the plant needs that light friend,, terribly,, turn it up imo

and harvesting a plant a bit early is not the worst thing ever,, can even give it a bit of a punch,, tho less quantity obviously,, tho, seriously,, how much less?

karma sent friend

Suggest next time you use a larger container, for soil grows bigger is always better. Autos 3 to 5 gallons…..for photos 5 gallons is kinda small so 7 to 10 gallons and up

yup she’s used up the stored nutes from her fan leaves

environment is critical, you may snake by in a more favorable climate but the more you dial in - the better your crop will be. For indoors it’s not enough to monitor the enviro - you must be able to control it. There’s VPD chart below - rh & temp for the stages of growth

cute chic, she will do just fine!!

welcome aboard HappyMeal

1642019357452.jpeg

heya friend,,

how do you know the ph? and the ph of what?

no mention of nutes and as mentioned, the plant looks very hungry

the plant needs that light friend,, terribly,, turn it up imo

and harvesting a plant a bit early is not the worst thing ever,, can even give it a bit of a punch,, tho less quantity obviously,, tho, seriously,, how much less?

karma sent friend
Thank you so much for your reply.

pH of the water. To be honest, I just googled the pH of the water in my area - I'm not actively measuring it (I'll be sure to do this on my next grow)

Argh, I turned the lights down because I thought it might be light burn. I'll crank it up for the last leg of this grow. Seems like the consensus is that harvesting is just around the corner but I was waiting for the trichomes to become milky white. Do you think I should I still wait? (input from anyone welcome!)

I do want to reply to everyone individually but don't want to flood this thread.

Blown away by this community, thank you so much for your replies :green_heart:
Hello,

If you highlight what you want to quote a little pop up will come up and you can quote ndividual sections. Or you can click the quote button below the post. Then in one single post you can insert all the quotes and reply to everything at once. Let me know if you need a better explanation.

I think your soil ran out of nutrients. Typical soil doesn’t usually have enough to get a plant all the way through harvest. People use specific cannabis nutes or super soils or los soils.

Thank you so much for your reply.

pH of the water. To be honest, I just googled the pH of the water in my area - I'm not actively measuring it (I'll be sure to do this on my next grow)

Argh, I turned the lights down because I thought it might be light burn. I'll crank it up for the last leg of this grow. Seems like the consensus is that harvesting is just around the corner but I was waiting for the trichomes to become milky white. Do you think I should I still wait? (input from anyone welcome!)
Just one reference for your library on lighting, moving forward. You can download photone app if you no more one light meter, the app only gives you one ball park figure.

Screenshot_20220105-140716_Kiwi Browser.jpg

Screenshot_20211222-222424_Kiwi Browser.jpg

Back
Top Bottom