Topping/cloning

vintner

Hi Gang:
Been thinking of plans for my summer 07 grow. I haven't decided if I am going to top my plants, but I was wundering, if I do, when's a good age/size to do so? And, if I do, can I clone the tops in order to sex the plants? Also, I plan on taking clones and doing a Scrog grow, but I'd like to get some practice cloning before hand. My wife brought home a bunch of pointcetas that she got free. Does anyone know if they can be cloned? A link to a good cloning thread would also be appreciated.

vintner said:
Hi Gang:
Been thinking of plans for my summer 07 grow. I haven't decided if I am going to top my plants, but I was wundering, if I do, when's a good age/size to do so? And, if I do, can I clone the tops in order to sex the plants? Also, I plan on taking clones and doing a Scrog grow, but I'd like to get some practice cloning before hand. My wife brought home a bunch of pointcetas that she got free. Does anyone know if they can be cloned? A link to a good cloning thread would also be appreciated.
In my personal experience it's best after the 4th or 5th node to top it. Yes you can use the top for a clone, and to sex the plant. I'll see if I have a link to a clone thread. Unless someone beats me to it.

Back
Top Bottom