Topping / FIMing

Here are some photos on the subject.
Top vs FIM
toppingvsfimm1.jpg

Another pic about topping
topped.jpg

I did an experiment last grow with my four Church plants. I topped two and fimmed two. I can tell you from my experience that the two fimmed plants were way more bushy and had more tops. From now on that is my prefered method!

im a big fan of topping-FIM ing if yer not sure just do one plant and compare to the rest : )

I topped then I Fimmed.

I did an experiment last grow with my four Church plants. I topped two and fimmed two. I can tell you from my experience that the two fimmed plants were way more bushy and had more tops. From now on that is my prefered method!
Thank you for the input. It would seem FIMing is better because you can get more tops. How difficult is it to make the cut? What happens to the fan leaf stems that are cut during FIM? How much does it slow the plant down?

Thank you for the input. It would seem FIMing is better because you can get more tops. How difficult is it to make the cut? What happens to the fan leaf stems that are cut during FIM? How much does it slow the plant down?

It was easy for me, just make sure you got some sharp, sterilized scissors. Some people smoke the grow tips, not me personally though. It took about 2-3 days for the new growth to shoot out, in my case.

So topping pretty much just involves cutting the main stem before the last set up leaves comming out? What exactly is fimming compared to topping?

So topping pretty much just involves cutting the main stem before the last set up leaves comming out? What exactly is fimming compared to topping?

fimming is two get several main tops... yet you can do that with one topping.... usually you get 2 or 4 main tops with topping..i dont believe in fimming lol..

in this pic, is two topped plants... i have one more behind them that you cant see

Picture_692.jpg

C5 the way that stalk V's that is what I'm looking for. I see it is in soil but how tall did she get?
The pic with 2 topped plants, is that DWC? How tall are they?
Do you think topping keeps the plants shorter?

I've fimmed a lot of my plants. Doing it the right way is key, I go straight for the growth tip right in between the new baby fan leaves, witch I leave intact. If you really get to thinking about it, it's the same thing as topping, just on a much smaller scale. You still cut the main growth stem, but only the very tip. The only benefit I can see with topping is you can keep the top as a clone. Just my two cents.

I've fimmed a lot of my plants. Doing it the right way is key, I go straight for the growth tip right in between the new baby fan leaves, witch I leave intact. If you really get to thinking about it, it's the same thing as topping, just on a much smaller scale. You still cut the main growth stem, but only the very tip. The only benefit I can see with topping is you can keep the top as a clone. Just my two cents.
Thanks for the response Stg. With FIM do you get 4 main colas every time?

After doing it a few times I now fim in 2 stages first one gets me 4 then the second time depending on how well I lst or supercrop I can end up with a lot more than 4. For me, it's all about canopy control and sqeezing the most out of my lights!

C5 the way that stalk V's that is what I'm looking for. I see it is in soil but how tall did she get?
The pic with 2 topped plants, is that DWC? How tall are they?
Do you think topping keeps the plants shorter?

yes they are in soil, they are 4-5ft.. no topping does not make the plants shorter, it just puts it a couple days to a week behind a non-topped plant but is growing 75-100% percent more... have a topped vs. non topped growing right next to each other and it is about a half inch shorter than my non-topped plant.. no difference really... but it all depends on light..

Thanks for all the good info. I would like to keep my plants under 3 feet if possible. Topping combined with LST or tying down I should be able to achieve this.

Back
Top Bottom