Topping / FIMing

Supercropping is also a GREAT method to keep em low and bushy..an a stalk,u bend the stem(membrane in the stem) until you hear it snap..itll dangle there but will repair itself quickly.It forces lower growth.I did it on my last grow.My sativa dom. was outgrowing mt indica dom in the same tank so i supercropp the sativa dom. every branch to lwt the indica play catch up.It worked.

Once you hit flowering, would it be too late to top?

no it wouldn't be too late in the sense that it would still grow, but yes it is too late in the sense that it will have the affect as a plant topped early.. when they are done early, the whole shape and root structure is different.. so that it can support more buds/growth.... I always top once they get 5-6 inches tall.

Hi guys, I have topped during flowering. I topped one about 5 days in, I topped another 8 days in, and I topped another 2 weeks in. That is after starting 12/12. Ok, the one that produced the best was topped at five days. The least was the one topped at two weeks. The one at two weeks had to pinecone buds at the top, three inches long. The one topped at five days had two colas 10 and 8 inches long. I hope this answers alot of questions out there in never never land. :peace:

Hi guys, I have topped during flowering. I topped one about 5 days in, I topped another 8 days in, and I topped another 2 weeks in. That is after starting 12/12. Ok, the one that produced the best was topped at five days. The least was the one topped at two weeks. The one at two weeks had to pinecone buds at the top, three inches long. The one topped at five days had two colas 10 and 8 inches long. I hope this answers alot of questions out there in never never land. :peace:

this is exactly what i was talking about

th_toppingvsfimm.jpg

th_toppedplant.jpg

I always FIM and I do it once they get about 6 inches tall, or at the fourth node from the bottom. As a matter of fact I will be FIMing today :slide: and that's all
I ever do anymore, other than moving the occasional leaf aside that's covering a bud site.

Back
Top Bottom