Tragedy: My girls are flowering

Ok, so here is a little background info. In a harvest last fall of four Blue Berry plants. One of the smaller ones had maybe a dozen or so seeds that would turn up every so often. Original seeds were feminized photos and from a reputable seed bank. Skip forward to the spring (April 1) and two of these second gen. seeds are in the ground and destined to become mothers. All is well and they are happily growing under a thirteen watt LED on 24/7 since seed drop. Soon for the green house or under my lights as they become available. A watering check on Monday and what do I see but flowers forming on one of my girls. Now I don't know much about how auto seeds are produced but this seems to be the only explanation. Only the one of the two is flowering so is the second plant going to remain in veg, and if so will the remaining sec. gen. seeds be a crap shoot. The smaller girl in front is a White Widow which has topped herself. She is destined as a mother as well and was dropped on the same date.
Poor girl is in a half gallon pot, don't think she should be up potted while flowering,, thoughts?

Looks as though a early summer harvest is in the works.

Full disclosure - I don’t grow autos..... yes I know you are not generally supposed to up-can an auto, but she’s not a tiny little thing at this point so think I would wait until the soil dries out really well to avoid disturbing roots during transplant and move her to a bigger condo

see what else comes in but in the meantime I’m going to shout at @Bill284

Ok, so here is a little background info. In a harvest last fall of four Blue Berry plants. One of the smaller ones had maybe a dozen or so seeds that would turn up every so often. Original seeds were feminized photos and from a reputable seed bank. Skip forward to the spring (April 1) and two of these second gen. seeds are in the ground and destined to become mothers. All is well and they are happily growing under a thirteen watt LED on 24/7 since seed drop. Soon for the green house or under my lights as they become available. A watering check on Monday and what do I see but flowers forming on one of my girls. Now I don't know much about how auto seeds are produced but this seems to be the only explanation. Only the one of the two is flowering so is the second plant going to remain in veg, and if so will the remaining sec. gen. seeds be a crap shoot. The smaller girl in front is a White Widow which has topped herself. She is destined as a mother as well and was dropped on the same date.
Poor girl is in a half gallon pot, don't think she should be up potted while flowering,, thoughts?

Looks as though a early summer harvest is in the works.
Hey, I grow autos. Up potting does stun autos for several days but she’s running out of room so I would do it. She will bounce back.

Thanks. And I will take the advice and up pot. Had planned the up pot before they were transferred to their new home. Seeing the one flower has thrown me for a loop. As these are the first ever I have grown in soil and most definite the first auto I am at a bit of a loss. Should I leave her on 24/7, should I but her out doors (greenhouse?) I have one under the lights on a 12/12 and should be ready tomorrow or maybe the following week. I could possibly find a bit of room for her there.
Still perplexed as to why or how she turned into an auto, and what that could mean for the remaining seeds. Sure looking forward to some more replies.:confused:

All of the above are viable options for your now auto identifying plant. I keep my autos 18/6 light, but they're versatile and will go with any light schedule.

I wonder with seeds if its a regresive gene mixed in there somewhere, or got exposed to auto pollen.

I wonder with seeds if its a regresive gene mixed in there somewhere, or got exposed to auto pollen.
Maybe a little more back ground info. Four Blue Berry in my hydro set up, one in dirt, all from seed from the original supplier, all supposed to be fem., photo's. The plant in dirt turn out to be a male and may or may not have been caught in time. Sacks broke open but pretty sure he was out of the grow room before that happened, :lot-o-toke: Also pretty sure that the small plant that produced the seeds was the furthest away from the male in the grow room. Very possible some pollen was carried in by me by accident. This would explain the few seeds that I ended up with but not the rest. As seeds pretty much all look the same a mistake in sorting the original order could have mixed the seeds up. Not knowing what I have still leaves it open to a crap shoot every time I drop one of the sec. gen seeds. Sort of like regular seeds except maybe you get a photo, maybe an auto, and maybe a male. Love the fact that I can drop my own seed but this not knowing is a biatch. Maybe I should just turf them.

Maybe I should just turf them.
Unless there's something in the strain that you like, it does sound like an experiment you need lots space to play out. Lol.
I've seen in the past that if you pollinate auto × photo you get a 25% of autos in the second gen, the rest being a mix of photo fem and male. It would have to be a really good strain you wanted to keep to play with them odds.

Unless there's something in the strain that you like, it does sound like an experiment you need lots space to play out. Lol.
I've seen in the past that if you pollinate auto × photo you get a 25% of autos in the second gen, the rest being a mix of photo fem and male. It would have to be a really good strain you wanted to keep to play with them odds.
First plants were harvested at the first sign of amber, maybe a bit early. Taste and smell is great and a very uplifting feeling when smoked. A good day time hit. The reveg under the lights I will let go until at least 25% amber. Like my evening couch lock. I will have something to judge it by at that time.

Full disclosure - I don’t grow autos..... yes I know you are not generally supposed to up-can an auto, but she’s not a tiny little thing at this point so think I would wait until the soil dries out really well to avoid disturbing roots during transplant and move her to a bigger condo

see what else comes in but in the meantime I’m going to shout at @Bill284
Hello @bluenoserjoe how are you my friend.
Cute girls, auto's aren't my forte to say the least.
But I don't see any issues with giving her a bigger home. Preferably a cloth bag.
As far as your seeds go the genetics of any of her grandparents can come through causing any number of traits to come through.
I won't touch a seed without good genetics. You can get so many problems from them you never know what your going to get. Especially an auto seed?
Hermie, auto,photo crap shoot.
But if it were me I would give her a proper pot.
Bill

Advice taken. My surprise little auto has found a new home. She could have stayed in the small pot for a couple more weeks but want to get any shock over with. She is tasting the sun for the first time ,today, a nice warm May morning. Also needed a little help standing straight as this is also the first taste of wind. I will slowly harden her off for outside, today she is in a sheltered walk in to my basement. Curious to see what she will do over the next month.

Back
Top Bottom