Training and veg

Austinpalm36

Would anyone be able to explain to me how you can control the length of time you veg a plant for. From my understanding you can’t do it with autoflower. But with a feminized seed how do you control the time frame of its veg stage? I think it has to do with training the plant. I would like to do LST once they are ready but this is my first grow so I’d need guidance. On YouTube I always see different looking plants. Some closet grows look bushy. Some look tall and skinny. Some look tall and really bushy which is what I’d like to master. Although anything more than 3 branches and a couple nugs would be nice

Have a look at some of Ase's threads on training.

With photo period plants the veg time can be as little as 4 weeks or as long as you want to get the plant the size and shape you want it before you flip them. Just keep in mind that a typical plant will triple in size during the stretch so keep that in mind.

Have a look at some of Ase's threads on training.

With photo period plants the veg time can be as little as 4 weeks or as long as you want to get the plant the size and shape you want it before you flip them. Just keep in mind that a typical plant will triple in size during the stretch so keep that in mind.
So you just keep the light on veg until their at the side you want them to flower in?

So you just keep the light on veg until their at the side you want them to flower in?
Yes. Plan on being able to keep the plant in the vegetating stage for as long as you want. This allows for a lot of time to train, trim and take cuttings. There have been people who keep mother plants for years before finally putting them into the flowering cycle.

Keeping them vegetating can cause some plants to show a pre-flower at most of the nodes. Unless they receive 12 or more hours of complete dark they will not go into actually flowering unless they are an auto-flower.

Have a good day.

Back
Top Bottom