Transfer to greenhouse

asum

420 Member
I just transferred some thai stick from under lights that were at 18 on and 6 off, right now we have just over 14 hours of sun, my question is by moving from 18 hours of light to 14 hours will they go into flowering. I have not did this before and was curious.

I’ve flowered indica strains at 14 on and 10 off before. A sativa should be ok at 14/10 for vegging. Some of the Thai Stick plants I’ve seeen lately don’t really look very sativa though. The age of the plant matters too. If it’s only a couple months old, I suspect your fine. If it’s a root bound mother that’s 18 months old, she’ll look for any excuse she can to start flowering.

I just transferred some thai stick from under lights that were at 18 on and 6 off, right now we have just over 14 hours of sun, my question is by moving from 18 hours of light to 14 hours will they go into flowering. I have not did this before and was curious.

I would be careful doing it if they are reasonably old and well-established! Photos should be able to still keep vegging under 14 hours, but you definitely want to slowly reduce the light schedule until you are matching the outside schedule

I had a bunch of clones (some big and established, some still cuttings that were rooting in little solo cups) that went from 18/6 in a tent to 14.5hrs of daylight outside, and because I didn't gradually reduce the light, they started flowering... Every. Single. One. Haha so that was some work to get everybody to switch back to veg

They were a few different strains, but mostly sativas

In my area I wait for 15 hours of light. In my experience they will start to transition with less.
I try to run my plants that are going outdoors with the same light hours as they will have when I put them out. Always 15 for me.

They are less than a month old but are close to 24 inches tall really healthy looking plants, have no pics, I'll just keep a close eye on them.

Reduce your lighting gradually or just wait another week. I put plants out about this time last year and they were fine.
Growing season in Thailand is pretty long.... a real Thai strain wont really do well unless they have a long flowering time. Thai need to be tamed back with some indica genetics to get a reasonable flowering time (+90 days 120 is preferable).

They are hard to grow even in a greenhouse for that long flowering time.

Back
Top Bottom