Moving plants from indoors to outdoors!

JWPcinders

Hellllooo, I have some fantastic plants almost ready to go outside. I will be prepping the holes for them this weekend. My questions are......

They are currently under a 18/6 light schedule but there are only 15 hours of max sunlight right now in southwestern Ontario. Should I be lowering there light time daily right now or just put them straight from 18/6 to 14 or 15/ 9?

Also I know I need to condition them to the real sun, tomorrrow morning they will be going out for a few hours of the less powerful morning sun. Is a couple hours increase a day good?

here is a couple pics of the lovelys. They are strong plants already!

7037FA28-B3C7-42D8-B105-6B848C8D103E.jpeg4EC4DFB0-7084-487F-AFB6-CED9ECFCCAD7.jpeg9B2781B7-786E-4CA7-829D-1CF38BF069EA.jpegF480C3A9-EE04-40CD-B9CC-74BB9AE19EF1.jpeg

I've had to start doing the same thing. Vancouver, BC area. I am having success with backing of the lighting 30 minutes per week with no ill affects so far. Started hardening off in the early morn sun, but now up to leaving them out all day and bringing them in at 5pm to finish under the lights.

I hardened my plants off last year, but I didn't slowly taper down the hours of light. When I put them out they started putting out pistils. They didn't fully shift into flower, but jumping down a couple of hours can mess with them a bit.
Southern Ontario here too.

I hardened my plants off last year, but I didn't slowly taper down the hours of light. When I put them out they started putting out pistils. They didn't fully shift into flower, but jumping down a couple of hours can mess with them a bit.
Southern Ontario here too.
Gotcha! I am going to down the light an hour a week for now

Back
Top Bottom