Moving plants from indoor to outdoor

n8ozzy

420 Member
So I have a few plants flowering right now inside. Been flowering for about 3 weeks. I have them on 12/12; 12 hours of dark from 8am-8pm (When the sun is up) and 12 hours lights on from 8pm-8am When its dark outside). I did this to help regulate temperature and it has worked great. Problem is I have to move them. I need to move them outside. Question is: Should I keep them in the dark for 24 hours and then move them out or will they be okay with me moving them out in the morning after they have had 12 hours of light... No matter what their light schedule will be messed with.
Or for the next 12 days I could stagger the timer by one hour each day to slowly get my light schedule on par with the sun.
Thoughts on what would be best???? Thank you

As they in Flower already I would probably leave them in the dark longer and switch, as I would think extra length of time for light would confuse them a lot more and could cause problems. But that just my opinion as I haven't had to do anything like that before.

So I have a few plants flowering right now inside. Been flowering for about 3 weeks. I have them on 12/12; 12 hours of dark from 8am-8pm (When the sun is up) and 12 hours lights on from 8pm-8am When its dark outside). I did this to help regulate temperature and it has worked great. Problem is I have to move them. I need to move them outside. Question is: Should I keep them in the dark for 24 hours and then move them out or will they be okay with me moving them out in the morning after they have had 12 hours of light... No matter what their light schedule will be messed with.
Or for the next 12 days I could stagger the timer by one hour each day to slowly get my light schedule on par with the sun.
if your FORCED to do that ...in would opt for NOT letting them stay in the dark for 24 hours..they will stretch like crazy and that growth will be lanky and yellow....it's the least bad ...of a BAD situation.

GFP

Well, since it is the hours of darkness that determine flowering, not the hours of light... People have been known to run more than 12 hours of light (but still have a 12-hour dark period). The primary reason that this practice isn't more popular is because it's a colossal pain in the arse to do, lol. You can't use a traditional 24-hour timer, because your schedule would be greater than 24 hours.

If you can add a couple hours to the next several lights-on periods, yet still maintain a 12-hour dark period, this is the way to go.

I've always felt that that whole "park the plant in the dark for an extended period of time" thing was both counterproductive and silly. As in all things, YMMV, of course - but a dark period that is longer than it needs to be serves no logical purpose.

How long till you need to move it? Could change the light cycle back gradually until it's closer to the daylight hours. 4hrs at a time for the next 3 days

They are gonna have to be moved in about 2 weeks. Its looking like I will opt for increasing the light a few hours each day but keeping the 12 hours of dark constant. Thanks all for the input!

Back
Top Bottom