Transplant multiple times or straight to final pot

Virandell

Hi guys this is my 4th grow and I always been transplanting my plants from 0.5L to 3gallon pots, but more and more is see people transplanting multiple times.
Usually I germinate seed let it sit in 0.5L pot for 7 days and transplant to 3gallon pot and I am vegging for 30days (I am actually thinking is 30days veg not short enough for 3 gallon pot and maybe better to switch to 2gallon pots ?)
Anyway next grow I been thinking to start in 0.5L 7 days later switch to 1gallon(3L) pot and later to 2 or 3 gallon pot
How long roughly do you think guys will take 1 gallon pot to fill out the roots so I can transplant to final 3gallon pot ?

If you're in LOS and I assume final pot is a minimum of 15 gallons then what exactly are you gaining by transplanting 2 3 4 times?

The ONLY reason I plant the germinated seed into a solo cup for 7 days is solely because my worms phuck with the tiny seedling with one little tap root so the worms rummaging under it can make it fall over.
But a 7 day root system in the cup and there's no problem.

My roots completely fill a 20 gallon pot very quickly.

Constant transplanting is for people in shit soil that will go anaerobic because of lack of aeration.

If you don't have worms just plant the seed right in the 15+ gallon fabric pot and learn to water properly which is very easy and forgiving in good soil.

If you're in LOS and I assume final pot is a minimum of 15 gallons then what exactly are you gaining by transplanting 2 3 4 times?

The ONLY reason I plant the germinated seed into a solo cup for 7 days is solely because my worms phuck with the tiny seedling with one little tap root so the worms rummaging under it can make it fall over.
But a 7 day root system in the cup and there's no problem.

My roots completely fill a 20 gallon pot very quickly.

Constant transplanting is for people in shit soil that will go anaerobic because of lack of aeration.

If you don't have worms just plant the seed right in the 15+ gallon fabric pot and learn to water properly which is very easy and forgiving in good soil.
Not doing LOS unfortunately anymore maybe when I will switch house I have 2x2tent only and not really fancy doing couple of months veg in it for 1 plant for now organic bottle nutes with few small soil amandents.

In that case why not just do coco in 5 gallon fabric pots?
Transplant once into coco and use a drip system to keep the coco moist.

Either way, whether you do one pot in a 2x2 and get 8 to 10 oz or you do 4 plants in 5 gallon and get 2 oz per plant your limiting factor is the 2x2 space.
It does take 2-3 weeks less time to veg with 4 plants vs 1.
The LOS will produce better bud.
And be a lot easier to grow.
Just have to decide which is more important quality and ease or speed

In that case why not just do coco in 5 gallon fabric pots?
Transplant once into coco and use a drip system to keep the coco moist.

Either way, whether you do one pot in a 2x2 and get 8 to 10 oz or you do 4 plants in 5 gallon and get 2 oz per plant your limiting factor is the 2x2 space.
It does take 2-3 weeks less time to veg with 4 plants vs 1.
The LOS will produce better bud.
And be a lot easier to grow.
Just have to decide which is more important quality and ease or speed
I have a tiny bedroom buddy cant fit there tank to hold water for Coco but that's a good idea, with Los I love it but usually I am growing CBD for my son and I am growing THC for myself if I would have only 1 pot = 1 strain would be quite shite

Generall speaking coco is drain to waste with no reservoir but can be set up with auto watering if desired. But for most soil grows multiple upcan transplants are standard fare, by using smaller pots and restricting the roots it does build a more robust rootball. The multiple upcan route is recommended for photoperiods not autoflowers. Yes it can be done on autos but can also stunt the crap out of the plant and if stunted it will hose up yields There are multiple styles of growing tho, so what Nunya is saying is absolutely correct too.

I was going solo cup to 1g to 3g to 5g, tried solo to 1/3/5/15, tried solo to 1 to 15, I now go solo to final which is 170g or so (4x4). Did I notice a difference, well this last run was may largest harvest yet and with only two plants compared to my usual 5-10 so I dunno, I cannot say it was the uppotting because I have changed so many variables along the way...

Out of ease and with no ill effects noticed, solo to final is all I will ever do...

I like to transplant for one simple reason. If the container is too big, it takes a long time for the plant to use available moisture, therefore causing them to remain too wet.

Back
Top Bottom