How long veg in 2-3L pot?

Hi people how long roughly can I veg in 2L maybe 3L pot ? I know Its depends but roughly ? I been thinking to buy small airports and later transplant to 3gallon pots
Howdy do. I will tag the master of "tiny pot" grows in.
He's grown some awesome ladies in dainty little shoes. @VetSmoke85 . Hi mate. Hope you don't mind the tag, as I know you are busy with work and all the journals and your own grow. But is this something you could advise on?
Sorry and thanks

Thanks for the mention @Squiggle. I'm not sure this is the same thing though. If I'm understanding right the OP wants to veg in a smaller pot then transplant to a larger container to either veg longer or flower in. As @Growings eluded to it kinda depends on a few factors. I've vegged and flowered in small pots 1L, 2L, 4L. Clones I vegged in 2L pots for 3-5 weeks then put them into flower. The 4L pots I've vegged for 4-8 weeks before going into flower. I've got 3 bonsai mothers I've kept in veg since November last year in 1L pots. It depends on the intention I guess but with fabric/air pots the roots are pruned automatically with the exposure to air so you could probably veg something for a fair amount of time without it becoming rootbound.

Thanks for the mention @Squiggle. I'm not sure this is the same thing though. If I'm understanding right the OP wants to veg in a smaller pot then transplant to a larger container to either veg longer or flower in. As @Growings eluded to it kinda depends on a few factors. I've vegged and flowered in small pots 1L, 2L, 4L. Clones I vegged in 2L pots for 3-5 weeks then put them into flower. The 4L pots I've vegged for 4-8 weeks before going into flower. I've got 3 bonsai mothers I've kept in veg since November last year in 1L pots. It depends on the intention I guess but with fabric/air pots the roots are pruned automatically with the exposure to air so you could probably veg something for a fair amount of time without it becoming rootbound.
Thanks for replying mate. I wasn't really sure on the question. But the two of you have made it clear and I've learned something. And again, sorry to bother you

Thanks for replying mate. I wasn't really sure on the question. But the two of you have made it clear and I've learned something. And again, sorry to bother you
No apologies needed at all brother. Happy to help where I can. I'm flattered.

Thanks alot buddy for help I am planning to do it from seed, friend of mine have good regular seeds and he want to send me some so I think I will choose 2L and make 5 weeks veg ~

Thanks alot buddy for help I am planning to do it from seed, friend of mine have good regular seeds and he want to send me some so I think I will choose 2L and make 5 weeks veg ~
Sounds like a plan. This is 3 clones I vegged and flowered in 2L fabric pots.
20210331_215314.jpg

Back
Top Bottom