Transplant?

growrook

Hi, this my first grow and i ve been doing alot of looking are around on transplanting and when too do it. Im getting alot of mixed ansewers from other peoples experances. so i thought i would post some pic and maybe get some feed back from some out there. My plant are from seed. im using cfl i plan on sexing, cloning and planting outside and grow the mothers indoors. not sure on the strain but it was a clone from a mother plant my cousin been growing for 3yrs now he can remember the full name just that it has he word purple in it and the male was from a friend who brought over a plant [hes says it was a type of kush] that turned male so i decided to seed one of the clones for this yrs season and this is what i got so far.
25011.JPG
24713.JPG
25113.JPG
24812.JPG
24911.JPG

Re: Transplant??

I'd say wait. I'm in the middle of my first grow too, and I tried transplanting at about the same stage and had one of my seedlings die as a result. I would wait until you see at least four nodes of growth, so when they're about twice as big as they currently are. Also, I would do something to block the light from entering the space where the roots are, as the light can damage them. Your plants look great right now though. Remember to be dilligent about checking PH when you do transplant, because while they look great now, when you transplant and they want to start growing more, you'll see problems if you're not careful about checking ph. Also, don't get overexcited when they start growing well and try adding nutes too early....I made this mistake as well. My plants survived, but why give them the extra stress if you don't have to, right?....Be smart, don't get lazy, and don't do too much. Good luck, I'll be rooting for you!

I'd say wait. I'm in the middle of my first grow too, and I tried transplanting at about the same stage and had one of my seedlings die as a result. I would wait until you see at least four nodes of growth, so when they're about twice as big as they currently are. Also, I would do something to block the light from entering the space where the roots are, as the light can damage them. Your plants look great right now though. Remember to be dilligent about checking PH when you do transplant, because while they look great now, when you transplant and they want to start growing more, you'll see problems if you're not careful about checking ph. Also, don't get overexcited when they start growing well and try adding nutes too early....I made this mistake as well. My plants survived, but why give them the extra stress if you don't have to, right?....Be smart, don't get lazy, and don't do too much. Good luck, I'll be rooting for you!
Hello Halfbreed thanks for taking the time to check out me stuff. i started a journal on here a few days ago, wish i could of started on from the start but i just became a member of this great site!! great advice from people on here. so do you have a journal started i would like to take a look if you do, always like to learn from others. :thanks:
my journal is first grow indica under cfl 2012

I was about to say, I know these babies look familiar. Thats cause I saw your journal first. IF you're gonna leave in the cups for a few more weeks, try using electrical tape at the bottom of the cup to keep the light out. Worked like a charm for me..

just an instinctive opinion here, but the roots have hit all the sides and the bottom.
i would put them into bigger pots right now.

i would prepare my pot, then using one of those same cups i would make a hole of just the right size, cut the bottoms of those cup-pots, slice both sides, drop the whole thing in the hole then extract the sides. if dont correctly the plant shouldnt even know its been moved except there is more room for the roots to grow.

thats pretty much my plan too =D
GiGaBane's 2nd Grow

I was about to say, I know these babies look familiar. Thats cause I saw your journal first. IF you're gonna leave in the cups for a few more weeks, try using electrical tape at the bottom of the cup to keep the light out. Worked like a charm for me..
Im new here so i posted here first then i seen the journal treads and decided to start one. I did transplant. Got pic up on my journal. how did you post your link for your journal to your post? thanks for the advice QueentokeLove :thanks:

Im new here so i posted here first then i seen the journal treads and decided to start one. I did transplant. Got pic up on my journal. how did you post your link for your journal to your post? thanks for the advice QueentokeLove :thanks:

So how is she recovering from the transplant? And forgive me for not saying Welcome. Ugh, I am the wrong one to ask about links but I believe there is a thread around here somewhere or else someone will chime in to let you know. No problem, I am here to help if I can.:cheer:

i cut and pasted my URL
QueenTokelove appears to have added the URL to her signature. a time saving and sensible option, lol

LMAO...I just can't get it right for some reason. Aston420 even broke it down for me and I still can't seem to get it right. Or else I would have a million links posted in my sig like everyone else...I am green with envy that I still can't do it.

Impossible. I made that thread and all the content on the fly specifically for you after i read

LOL, my bad. I thought you were using the link Aston420 provided. But see, don't my links look pretty now....lol....But thank you for thinking of me....now if you really want a challenge.......

I can't take credit for it. Aston420 did all the work. I think I was too medicated the last time I tried to do it. Today, I decided to take a crack at it and got it right. Was still medicated when I figured it out. Figured out what I did wrong which was I forgot to highlight what I wanted to call my journal. Go figure!

Back
Top Bottom