Transplanting Auto 2 week into flower

Foxtrot2112

Hi guys, much debated subject!

One of my autos is growing in a 7 liter (1.8 gallon pot) because I didn´t have other unused pots at the time.
She´s two weeks into flower and have a 3 gallon pot and biobizz all mix soil available, would you transplant?

1684432548126.jpg

1684432548099.jpg

Thanks in advance!!

I would too
I've mucked about with repotting, changing feeds, lamps, timings and autos just seem to carry on regardless
No need to be squeamish or delicate with autos, even in early flower
You'll probably get some stretch which will open up the bud sites to more light, so probably a fuller crop

Hey Foxtrot nice looking Auto, if she is in a plastic pot probably could get away with it. When in flower these things can take a lot of abuse but why ? I have grown Autos in 1 gal. pots fer a good while now with good results. You got nearly 2 gallons of medium which should get you a decent return. If it was me I would take the guaranteed return without risk, just my two sense worth. happy growing. :goodluck:
:passitleft:

Watered the girl before looking at the replies.

Will transplant her in a couple of days when she has drank enough!
If enough water was used and applied so that the soil can soak it up without running through the pot, a healthy plant will have returned to a fully watered stage within hours.

When I am concerned about how dry the soil is I will water and come back in a hour or so and water again. That will keep the soil and plant in a ready to go condition for a day or more. I often transplant later that day in the afternoon or evening. I do not notice any wilting in the plant the next day.

figure you will grow at least 7 weeks ? Remember when you transplant takes about 1 week for re-covering - If you want to eliminate the recovery time re-pot like this (reference Bonanza Of Gold publication by BOG) leave transplanted container about 1/2 - inch above your final container soil. NO stress at all !!!!!!!!!!!!!

It won´t happen, tried to lift the plant from the stem and I couldn´t and I don´t want to apply too much effort, definetely the roots are saying NO this time.

Thanks to everybody.

It looks like you are in a plastic container now. If you gently squeeze from all sides, top and bottom, and then push from the bottom, I bet you can get that rootball to slip out of that container. Instead of trying to pull out of the container, hold the top of the soil with one hand with the plant sticking through your fingers, and invert the entire thing. Use gravity and a little shake to slip the plant out of there. Under no circumstances would I allow a plant that I wanted to transplant to say No! That is really the one prerequisite for growing this plant; you just have to be a little smarter than they are.

I see no signs of rootbound stress on your plant right now, and at the point she is at, the roots have mostly stopped growing and you now have what you have. You might gain a little extra yield by uppotting now, but it won't be much. The time for uppotting was a couple of week ago and you may have missed the optimum window so as to increase yield. I would hold off, and would use this grow to see what a 1.8L yield should look like.

It looks like you are in a plastic container now. If you gently squeeze from all sides, top and bottom, and then push from the bottom, I bet you can get that rootball to slip out of that container. Instead of trying to pull out of the container, hold the top of the soil with one hand with the plant sticking through your fingers, and invert the entire thing. Use gravity and a little shake to slip the plant out of there. Under no circumstances would I allow a plant that I wanted to transplant to say No! That is really the one prerequisite for growing this plant; you just have to be a little smarter than they are.

I see no signs of rootbound stress on your plant right now, and at the point she is at, the roots have mostly stopped growing and you now have what you have. You might gain a little extra yield by uppotting now, but it won't be much. The time for uppotting was a couple of week ago and you may have missed the optimum window so as to increase yield. I would hold off, and would use this grow to see what a 1.8L yield should look like.

I concur. If she’s not rootbound by now she’s not going to be with only a few final days in stretch. At this point she’s switching over from root growth to fruit growth. (It’s actually a vegetable/herb not a fruit but that doesn’t rhyme lol)

The small yield improvement you’ll possibly (possible not even guaranteed) see isn’t worth the risk of damaging her during transplant. Cannabis growing is all about being proactive not reactive. Take a lesson from this and improve your next grow.

Or say Eff it, it’s my plant, I’ll do what I think is best and keep us updated.

Absolutely Emilya, agree with you.
I´ve repotted photos hundreds of times, but seems I was in hippy mood today and didn´t want to go against her will LOL, This will be my first 1.8 gallon grow, good thing her sister (also FastBuds Gelato), is in a 3 gallon so I will be able to do a side by side.

Absolutely Emilya, agree with you.
I´ve repotted photos hundreds of times, but seems I was in hippy mood today and didn´t want to go against her will LOL, This will be my first 1.8 gallon grow, good thing her sister (also FastBuds Gelato), is in a 3 gallon so I will be able to do a side by side.
Looking forward to the comparison, I believe you made the correct decision. Happy Growin.
:thumb:

It looks like you are in a plastic container now. If you gently squeeze from all sides, top and bottom, and then push from the bottom, I bet you can get that rootball to slip out of that container. Instead of trying to pull out of the container, hold the top of the soil with one hand with the plant sticking through your fingers, and invert the entire thing. Use gravity and a little shake to slip the plant out of there. Under no circumstances would I allow a plant that I wanted to transplant to say No!
Or squeeze the sides, turn upside down as mentioned and give the bottom of the container a sharp bump and watch the pot slide off an inch or so. Then it is like "greased lightning" with just how easy it is to pull that stubborn pot off the rest of the way.

Another option is to take a knife and run it between the root mass and the sides of the pot. Sometimes the tiny tips of the roots will wrap around the rough surface found on the insides of some brands or styles of growing containers.

If some of the roots have started to grow through the drainage holes then cut them off and that often makes it easier for the root mass and soil to slide out. If the plant is healthy to begin with it will not have an effect even if it was root bound.

Back
Top Bottom