Transplanting

Personally I've never seen any valid reason to transplant more than once.

I go from 7-10 days in solo cup straight to final 20 gallon fabric pot.
If I didn't have so many worms and beetles then I would just plant germinated seed directly into final pot even if it were a 4' x 8' bed.
My root system fills the 20 gallon pot in no time.
If you have a proper soil or coco then there's never a problem watering regardless of pot size.
If your soil is heavy and lacks aeration then you're going to have a problem whether its a 1 gal or a 100 gal.

If you're going to bottle feed then just plant a germinated seed right into a 5 gal bag of coco and water the whole pot daily with 1/4 strength nutrients from day one.
If you want to go organic soil then use the largest pots you can manage, no such thing as too big.
But I wouldn't use less than about 15 gal fabric.
In LOS you want your roots fully colonized with mycorrhazae asap, multiple transplantings retard that process.
Use a coots mix with proper aeration, add cover crop and a few worms plus thick mulch and water pretty much daily at 5% of soil volume, so for a 20 gal pot water daily with 1 gal of water preferably oxygenated. A large plant in flower may need two waterings a day if in less than 20 gal pot.

Watering problems are due to shit soil tilth which results in lack of oxygen to the roots not pot size.

Back
Top Bottom