Trichome confusion?

77Camaro

I have read and read and read and I get the clear cloudy and amber part. But here is my confusion. This season we had an unusually very very hot dry summer. I look in my 40 loop and defiantly see cloud trichomes and some amber ones also but the hairs are maybe on 20-30 turned dark! So do I ignore the hairs and concentrate on the trichome only?

These are Dinamed CBD Feminized. This are his plants "her" plants THC strains are the same....it needs to be easer lol

Thx 4 any help you can offer :)

Attachments

• IMG_0292.JPG
    IMG_0292.JPG
    725.6 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_0293.JPG
    IMG_0293.JPG
    680.9 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_0297.JPG
    IMG_0297.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 77
  • IMG_0298.JPG
    IMG_0298.JPG
    715.8 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_0299.JPG
    IMG_0299.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 74
  • IMG_0300.JPG
    IMG_0300.JPG
    688.7 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_0301.JPG
    IMG_0301.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 67
  • IMG_0302.JPG
    IMG_0302.JPG
    661.7 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_0303.JPG
    IMG_0303.JPG
    638.4 KB · Views: 38
Strong sunlight can degrade trichomes faster than normal. My question is, do the plants still have lots of clear ones? Because they don't look ready to me.

Also, be sure you are checking the trichomes on the buds (flowers) instead of the ones on nearby leaves.

Thx Tortured for taking the time to look! If my memory serves me right you are in Ont so you know the heat we had lol Soooooo I think you may have taught me something! I have always focused on the trichomes on the leaves!! Tomorrow I will go out and have another look at the bud.

My pics are not the best but when I use the loop they are all cloudy with about 10% amber on the leaves.

If my memory serves me right you are in Ont

No, but I did once watch an episode of Trailer Park Boys (after which, of course, I watched all of the other episodes, and the movies).

so you know the heat we had

Read about it. I'm a good bit (generally) south of you - but I start perspiring by 64F/18C and melting by 74F/23C, so I sort of feel like a Canadian in that respect.

I think you may have taught me something! I have always focused on the trichomes on the leaves!! Tomorrow I will go out and have another look at the bud.

...or maybe I just misremembered ;) . But I'm thinking that the trichomes on the leaves generally mature(/degrade) separate from the ones that are actually on the buds, and that it is the latter that we are concerned with.

Anyway, yeah, spot-check some trichomes that are actually on a few of your plants' top buds, and post what you find. Also check ones on some lower buds and remember that you have the option of taking the more mature ones and the less mature ones... at two different times.

Also remember that my posts are my opinions, and that I am open to opposing views (and the possibility of getting schooled, lol).

Yup this summer each day was 90F or warmer! Tomorrow its suppose to feel like 37c/98f!!! Crazy lol As for bubbles we want him as our next prime minister lol I did google your theory and I think you are bang on! Another confusing issue for me was the CBD only plants that I was growing I had no idea if they are ready when cloudy or amber??? Maybe lucky I don't partake or I would be more confused. lol

Anyways THANKS for the lesson :

Back
Top Bottom