Harvesting on hair color vs trichomes

what is more accurate, looking at trichomes or hairs' all of my hairs turned red already and curled in, there are very few amber trichomes, most are cloudy and clear.

do you guys trust more the hairs or the trichome color?

trichomes give you more direct control but you have to know your strain.

what is more accurate, looking at trichomes or hairs' all of my hairs turned red already and curled in, there are very few amber trichomes, most are cloudy and clear.

do you guys trust more the hairs or the trichome color?
I look at everything, trichomes, pistils, leaves colors and how it’s feeding. CL🍀

Well.... sort of neither. Or both. Depending on how you look at it. For most of us, looking at the hairs lets us know when to start looking at the trichomes. So it really isn't an either/or situation.
i've never had all of my trichomes go cloudy or amber. i always have many clear trichomes, if i let the plant keep going she's just gonna stop drinking water and growing once all of the hairs turned amber...

See? Still lots of clear tricomes despite some amber ones

IMG_20230806_135328.jpg

IMG_20230806_135319.jpg

IMG_20230806_135311.jpg

IMG_20230806_135302.jpg

IMG_20230806_135255.jpg

IMG_20230806_135245.jpg

IMG_20230806_135232.jpg

IMG_20230806_135222.jpg

IMG_20230806_135212.jpg

IMG_20230806_135206.jpg

Once the hairs turn dark and crinkle in it becomes grower's choice on when to take them.

Mostly cloudy trichomes = a more energetic "up" high, more amber = increasing "couchlock" as more and more of the THC degrades to CBN.

Well, i just did again to make sure, there is still a lot of clear tricomes, but also many amber and cloudy ones? Is this normal?
Yes, because just like the leaves, they didn't all get made at the same time, so there is always going to be some level of gradience in how they ripen. Is this your first grow? It might be worth your time to take a small bud off now, dry it and test it to see if it is where you like it, effects wise.

Yes, because just like the leaves, they didn't all get made at the same time, so there is always going to be some level of gradience in how they ripen. Is this your first grow? It might be worth your time to take a small bud off now, dry it and test it to see if it is where you like it, effects wise.
nope been growing for some time, but i never quite was sure about this. i always went mainly by the hair color, looking at trichomes always gives me more questions than answers

I don't really go by trichomes, once all the hairs have turned I wait about another week then chop regardless
I've waited another week or two before and really didn't notice a great deal of difference
Maybe I'm just not too fussed or too laid back to worry about it

I don't really go by trichomes, once all the hairs have turned I wait about another week then chop regardless
I've waited another week or two before and really didn't notice a great deal of difference

that was a standard approach all the way up to the 90's.

isn't thc starting to be turned into cbn at that point? i heard 60.-80% of the hairs is when you get most thc

After growing for a while you get a sense. Once it looks ready to smoke, wait another week. Pistils 90% brown, I’m chopping.

isn't thc starting to be turned into cbn at that point? i heard 60.-80% of the hairs is when you get most thc
Yes, so I tend to harvest a little earlier than most would suggest - just my preference for a heady high
Looks like @DeeBoy takes a similar approach

Back
Top Bottom