Trichomes and harvest times

Cutting flowers too early sacrifices a great deal of potential weight, so is it really more potent that way? If so, then going for less I guess in that case would be better, but nobody does that (that I know of anyway)
I could be wrong and I'm not going to goggle it but I think most growth stops around week 6 and even if it doesn't yeild and quality are very rarely correlated and potency and weight have nothing to do with each other. In my world if you want yield you grow outdoor pre roll and BHO fodder...and if you want quality you grow boutique indoor which yeilds for crap usually. There is no mids market here. It's hard to have your cake and eat it too but that's why people like me pheno hunt.

I see all of these outside grows they are almost all leafy and not dense if you scroll up and check this plant out there's about 2 lbs on this is a inside plant ,inside you can control your heat your humidity your nutes your hours of light less bugs and less chance of rot and theft there are very few cons of inside growing and yield.
Outside you have to depend on mother nature and she can be uncooperative.

In my world if you want yield you grow outdoor
@Buds Buddy got 20 oz on a 5 gallon indoor SIP grow, but I don't know what kind of yields you are talking about for comparison.

As for potency, there are low input steps you can take, like draughting, that can significantly improve your harvest.

@Buds Buddy got 20 oz on a 5 gallon indoor SIP grow, but I don't know what kind of yields you are talking about for comparison.

Untitled-design-2022-06-24T104326.503-1067x600.jpg

Cloudy or milky is peak potency. As the trichomes age they begin to degrade to amber and the thc-a starts to turn to cbn and sleepy time effects.

Here's a video that discusses trichomes. It's been a while since I watched it but I think your question is answered in it.
I've actually seen that vid...and I must say sorry as I'm not very good at communicating with other humans...what I ment by potency had to do more with terps than thca...I think peak terp potency is before peak thca potency.

I've actually seen that vid...and I must say sorry as I'm not very good at communicating with other humans...what I ment by potency had to do more with terps than thca...I think peak terp potency is before peak thca potency.
Ah, that may well be. And terps are known to be an important part of the medical qualities and many recreational users have strong preferences there as well.

Many of them are volatile at much lower temps than the main cannabinoids which is why you can smell them while still on the plant.

Back
Top Bottom