Harvest flush question

Leggy

Hi again Peep's.

Iv just flushed my white widow auto as tricones look spot on and 4 days after before the canna Terra pro I'm using has had time to dry out again the tips of my bud leaves burnt and tricones are turning clear again, also leaves turning rusty and crumbly. Everything says nuts burn to me but its been fed minimal nutes all it's life and a reduced amount running up to flush and not a single hiccup till now. Wot hells going on? Will upload photo's shortly when lights turn bk on in the garden.

Hi again Peep's.

Iv just flushed my white widow auto as tricones look spot on and 4 days after before the canna Terra pro I'm using has had time to dry out again the tips of my bud leaves burnt and tricones are turning clear again, also leaves turning rusty and crumbly. Everything says nuts burn to me but its been fed minimal nutes all it's life and a reduced amount running up to flush and not a single hiccup till now. Wot hells going on? Will upload photo's shortly when lights turn bk on in the garden.
Why did you flush ? Did you have a Toxicity ? There is no need to flush at the end & does more harm then good. Feed Full Strength till the day of harvest. Trichs turning Clear again ? Never heard of that before. Must not have been all the way done in the 1st place. The rust spots are a Mag. def. Add Cal Mag or Epson Salts to your feeding.

Hi again Peep's.

Hey @Leggy hope you are well my friend.
As Budds Buddy mentioned trics turning clear again does make a lot of sense.
Burnt tips and tough looking leaves are common by harvest and aren't necessarily detrimental.
Keep feeding until your pistols are all red and crinkled.
Then check trichomes for readiness.
When you can post pics so we can tell better how she is.
Bill

before the canna Terra pro I'm using has had time to dry out again the tips of my bud leaves burnt and tricones are turning clear again
Is it possible that you had enough of a salt build-up in that soil mix that it was causing the plant to shut down? Then when you did that flush you rinsed out the soil and also super-saturated the soil with fresh water. This could have caused to the plant to start growing again and it continued on with flowering by growing new pistils and trichomes.

I can see why so many people want to see a photo of the plants. It helps tell what was happening before and what is happening now. Do you have before and after photos?
Must not have been all the way done in the 1st place.
That is what it sounds like is now happening with the plant.

I am not thinking of it as a return to the vegetating stage but more as the burst of water in the flush caused it to come back to life and to continue on with the flowering stage. Before the water it was in the end of flowering because it was suffering from a build up of excess nutrient salts or possibly even just dry soil.

IMG_20210526_190424.jpg
IMG_20210526_190514.jpg

162205279955355957332.jpg

1622052851475591422158.jpg

16220528941841006302228.jpg

1622052947601-2135513398.jpg

Good news not worst looking girl I've seen.
Bad news white pistols means probably another couple weeks till she is done.
Pics are a little fuzzy, but she doesn't look too bad at all.
I see some twisting and drooping on your leaves.
Your ph around 6.4 going in?
Your watering technique are you pretty comfortable with it?
Bill

Sorry for getting bk to all so late, now you say reveg that is possible as I do see new pistils Coming through and iv not done a complete flush through hole grow and have been using aquarium safe pH down which I here can led to salt build ups. Iv included 2 pics of wedding cake auto which is same age and has been treated the same through hole grow however haven't harvest flushed wedding cake yet.

Good news not worst looking girl I've seen.
Bad news white pistols means probably another couple weeks till she is done.
Pics are a little fuzzy, but she doesn't look too bad at all.
I see some twisting and drooping on your leaves.
Your ph around 6.4 going in?
Your watering technique are you pretty comfortable with it?
Bill
Yeah sorry about pic quality and no mate ain't fully comfortable with watering techniques, both auto's are my first ever grow, my pH is going in at 6.2 as I'm using canna Terra soil and nutes.

Cheers bill very helpful for when I run photo periods next time round and start in solo cups however with auto's being planted into final pots from seed would their Root ball not form differently if so any pointers on watering techniques for auto's?? Sorry for taking up your time bill but you really do seem to know your stuff.

Cheers bill very helpful for when I run photo periods next time round and start in solo cups however with auto's being planted into final pots from seed would their Root ball not form differently if so any pointers on watering techniques for auto's?? Sorry for taking up your time bill but you really do seem to know your stuff.
No problem my friend we are all here to help. Don’t worry about asking as many questions as you want. Its how we all learn.
Read those threads on watering we gave you.
And always remember water where you want roots to go. NOT where they are.
I always water the outside edges of my pots until the roots fill the pot.
Do you have a root growth product.
I use Roots Excelurator Gold every week on all my girls. But there are lots of different ones. Even kelp or b1 will help fill your pots quicker and keep them healthy.
Healthy roots healthy plant. Big roots big fruits. HeHe. :rofl:
Hope that helps.
Bill

No problem my friend we are all here to help. Don’t worry about asking as many questions as you want. Its how we all learn.
Read those threads on watering we gave you.
And always remember water where you want roots to go. NOT where they are.
I always water the outside edges of my pots until the roots fill the pot.
Do you have a root growth product.
I use Roots Excelurator Gold every week on all my girls. But there are lots of different ones. Even kelp or b1 will help fill your pots quicker and keep them healthy.
Healthy roots healthy plant. Big roots big fruits. HeHe. :rofl:
Hope that helps.
Bill
Hey bill thought I'd check bk in and let you know that with you're help and further investigation I was able to establish that the issue was heat stress foxtailing hence the new clear tricones and the burnt bud tips were from the light. Any way considering how small she was she went in to the curing jar after 5 days drying with 62% rh terp shields weighing 11.6g in bugs and also aside 1.2 suger trim. Gonna cure for at least 2 weeks and have high expectations as the spiff I tested after initial dry was near on as good as out iv bought recently. Nice chilled Stone too, one last question for you bill can you tell me with ever its a different type of high after proper curing?

IMG_20210612_144515.jpg

IMG_20210612_144243.jpg

Hey bill thought I'd check bk in and let you know that with you're help and further investigation I was able to establish that the issue was heat stress foxtailing hence the new clear tricones and the burnt bud tips were from the light. Any way considering how small she was she went in to the curing jar after 5 days drying with 62% rh terp shields weighing 11.6g in bugs and also aside 1.2 suger trim. Gonna cure for at least 2 weeks and have high expectations as the spiff I tested after initial dry was near on as good as out iv bought recently. Nice chilled Stone too, one last question for you bill can you tell me with ever its a different type of high after proper curing?

IMG_20210612_144515.jpg

IMG_20210612_144243.jpg
Hello @Leggy Congratulations on your harvest. :goodjob:
The curing process breaks down chlorophyll in your buds and brings out the natural flavors and terpines..
It also helps getting buds to right moisture level for smoking when done.
When done correctly I would say the cure will help with effects of your smoked buds. If not just the flavor and smoke ability.
Hope that helps a little.
Keep up the good work.
Bill

Back
Top Bottom