Trichromes! Improving the size of the gland..

DigitalNomad

The question I am sure on every grower's mind - how do I get more trichromes, bigger glands?

Has anyone tested and proven a scheme to improve on the trichromes on a plant - or is it all 'genetics'?

Are all trichromes the same size?

DN

hmm interesting - this is not the first time I heard of "snow storm ultra" being mentioned.

I have been using "Bloombastic" - I only use it for 2 weeks, after the 4th week of flowering. I compared plants, and found that the smaller grade buds, lower on the plant - filled out better. Of course, more full buds meant more trichromes

I found that if I used bloombastic too much - like 4 weeks (water, water, feed - soil) the buds were a bit harsh in taste, and no additional increase of growth. So use sparingly.

I will also check out snow storm ultra.

DN

I tried the '3 days of dark before harvest' and I tried the 65 degree (ten degree drop in normal temp) for a week or so. No major increase. As a matter of fact - I save myself 3 days and don't do the 3 days of darkness - the trichromes were the same result.

I grow a haze that is reliable for frostiness and potency. Maybe it is genetics. It is funny that the small buds way on the bottom frost up nicely too - so its not exactly light exposure either..

DN

Back
Top Bottom