Trichs or hairs are better indicator of maturity?

bakermancanvw

Hey all,

My first and curret grow seen here..

8 Blueberry BullRiders Grown In GreenTrees Buckes Under 2x360 Extreme Flower LED

have done lots of reading seems like trichs are the main indicator from what i read but the hairs dont look quite ready?

today is day 42 of 12/12 and 2 days ago i only say amber trichs on 1 bud and only on 1-2 very small leaves and today im seein amber trichs on like 4 plants

thinkin about starting flush tomorrow?

input? thx guys

also take notice when you do check trichs
sugar leaves are usually ahead of the buds

what percentage of amber would you estimate
are the rest all cloudy or milky looking
i have heard some led growers say they finished a bit early but i don't think you are in any trouble of ruining your harvest
i like plenty of amber trichs but want mostly the cloudy
that is just me only you can decide how much is enough
as for flushing you are safe to start from my limited knowledge i believe the last 2 weeks is good
good luck and take care

Its all personal preference and how you want your finished product. I've heard to harvest at 40% amber at the very most. The more amber trichomes evident, the more cannabidiol present. Therefore giving you a more "couch-lock" feeling.

Hope that helps

Thanks alot guys. Yeah from what i read i guess there isnt a right or wrong just a preference. I like the stoned feel but sometimes i still have to be active so im thinking i might be ok with chopping sooner.

Right now would say its about 10-15% amber. Not sure what i'll do about flushin either i read people thy say flush or it sux and others who say its the cure that makes it smooth and some dont flush.

since im doing flood and drain hydro i think ill try flushing a couple days then chop 2 plants and flush the rest more and just experiment with it a little. that was basically the whole point of this grow was to get a good test run and learn. gonna do scrog next time

I use clearex for 4 day flushing then either I yank or go another 3 days with plain water
its also a personal preference some people use plain water
some who use strictly organic don't worry about it

Back
Top Bottom