Tried too many things but still can't define the problem

Between 6.5-7 sounds like you need a pH pen.
In soil you need to come in around 6.2-6.5.
A2BCE3E2-2AB7-4B05-94DB-979756D46580.png

Between 6.5-7 sounds like you need a pH pen.
In soil you need to come in around 6.2-6.5.
A2BCE3E2-2AB7-4B05-94DB-979756D46580.png

I already have a PH pen, also PH meter for soil.
But if you've seen the video, with the nutes PH usually near 6.
To balance the difference for Cal/Mag resolving(6.5-7 is the best) when I give fresh water usually its between 6.5-7 but most of times its 6.6-8, so I don't mind with dealing ph down every single time because; I think that, giving little higher after 3 days will balance the ph range in the soil. Thats why I'm doing this and I didn't buy advanced cal/mag to not reducing the PH.

But also I've read that today Advanced says "we can keep the PH range for a week in the soil" thanks to you I realised that just maybe I should stop feeding 1 plant with the Advanced set for few weeks to increase PH range in the soil and only give Cal/mag in this time to see anything happens.

I already have a PH pen, also PH meter for soil.
But if you've seen the video, with the nutes PH usually near 6.
To balance the difference for Cal/Mag resolving(6.5-7 is the best) when I give fresh water usually its between 6.5-7 but most of times its 6.6-8, so I don't mind with dealing ph down every single time because; I think that, giving little higher after 3 days will balance the ph range in the soil. Thats why I'm doing this and I didn't buy advanced cal/mag to not reducing the PH.

But also I've read that today Advanced says "we can keep the PH range for a week in the soil" thanks to you I realised that just maybe I should stop feeding 1 plant with the Advanced set for few weeks to increase PH range in the soil and only give Cal/mag in this time to see anything happens.

Also I don't think this litle bit of PH change can cause of this unique problem after 5th generation of clones.
Do you not mix first, the adjust pH to the same thing every time?
Seems like a lot of unnecessary work.
With all do respect, if you were doing it correctly, why have you been seeing the same issue for 5 generations?

And BTW, the soil pH meter is junk.
You’ll never get an accurate reading from that.
In soil, mix all your nutes, then adjust to 6.2-6.5.
You soil pH will not “change“ unless you add dolomite lime or something like that.
You pH drifts as it goes wet to dry, so in a perfect world, your soil at base level should be 6.5.

Do you not mix first, the adjust pH to the same thing every time?
Seems like a lot of unnecessary work.
With all do respect, if you were doing it correctly, why have you been seeing the same issue for 5 generations?

I didn't say that. I said I'm measuring PH ofc, but deciding it with the way I told you.
Also this problem started after 5th generation clone not for 5 generations.

And BTW, the soil pH meter is junk.
You’ll never get an accurate reading from that.
In soil, mix all your nutes, then adjust to 6.2-6.5.
You soil pH will not “change“ unless you add dolomite lime or something like that.
You pH drifts as it goes wet to dry, so in a perfect world, your soil at base level should be 6.5.

Yes soil PH meter is not accurate and I don't trust it but its something atleast.

---"In soil, mix all your nutes, then adjust to 6.2-6.5."
I think you're not reading carefully. The PH perfect tech with the Advanced nutes it doesnt matter what you added inside the mix. It's somehow reducing or increasing the PH between 5.8-6.2, even with the ph up and down, you need to use too much to find the 6.4 - 6.5. Please watch the video first. It's at bottom of the first page.

---"You soil pH will not “change“ unless you add dolomite lime or something like that."

PH is a value required to dissolve nutrients in the soil. if you fed nutrients with 5.8-6.2 ph, and if a group of nutrients remains in the soil because of this wrong ph range, then if you added 6.5-6.8 ph after 3 days, it will dissolve the soluble nutrients with the high ph eventually. in real world nothing is awesome. Jamaican people can grow it in swamps if you've seen the strain hunters video. Do you think that swamp and lake has 6.5 of ph range?

I know the way is not the proper way to do this also it may harm (not sure cause hydros are ok for the range) to roots but in chemistry its not wrong.
So because of the nutes I've used I'm giving at monday feed with ph near 6.0 and after 3 days later I give 6.5-6.8 fresh water to balance it.

But again also I don't believe that the PH can cause anything like this because even new leaves corrupting in few days. It should take little longer than that. Also the touch and the protective layer on leaves is good. My problem only consist with the color.

I didn't say that. I said I'm measuring PH ofc, but deciding it with the way I told you.
Also this problem started after 5th generation clone not for 5 generations.

Yes soil PH meter is not accurate and I don't trust it but its something atleast.

---"In soil, mix all your nutes, then adjust to 6.2-6.5."
I think you're not reading carefully. The PH perfect tech with the Advanced nutes it doesnt matter what you added inside the mix. It's somehow reducing or increasing the PH between 5.8-6.2, even with the ph up and down, you need to use too much to find the 6.4 - 6.5. Please watch the video first. It's at bottom of the first page.

---"You soil pH will not “change“ unless you add dolomite lime or something like that."

PH is a value required to dissolve nutrients in the soil. if you fed nutrients with 5.8-6.2 ph, and if a group of nutrients remains in the soil because of this wrong ph range, then if you added 6.5-6.8 ph after 3 days, it will dissolve the soluble nutrients with the high ph eventually. in real world nothing is awesome. Jamaican people can grow it in swamps if you've seen the strain hunters video. Do you think that swamp and lake has 6.5 of ph range?

I know the way is not the proper way to do this also it may harm (not sure cause hydros are ok for the range) to roots but in chemistry its not wrong.
So because of the nutes I've used I'm giving at monday feed with ph near 6.0 and after 3 days later I give 6.5-6.8 fresh water to balance it.

But again also I don't believe that the PH can cause anything like this because even new leaves corrupting in few days. It should take little longer than that. Also the touch and the protective layer on leaves is good. My problem only consist with the color.
I believe that particular nute line is for hydro only, not soil/soil less.
I had this discussion with another person last week.

I'm using tap water without purifier filter. Perhaps the city source of water is contaminated or they've started to add an element that is not good for the plants, such as drugs for viruses and bacteria. It is also an explanation why it started now. Ofc it's just a guess.
I'm starting to test it with one plant. I'll use drinking water from good source for a month. Lets see what is gonna change.

Also I'm thinking to buy a water purifier filter and it includes these filters;

1579266508533.png

What do you think?

Do you have a water test report? Municipalities often publish them. It should let you know what they are adding to the water, as well as its mineral content.

Make certain your GAC filter is rated for chloramine as well as chlorine. Many municipalities now use chloramine.

Be absolutely certain to maintain your filters. If the carbon filters are used up, the membrane will soon be trash.

Take the water for your plants directly from the membrane. Don't use the polishing filter as that adds minerals back into the water. The water that has passed through the polishing filter is good for cooking and drinking.

A lot of my wife and my health problems disappeared when we started using the RO in Ottawa. With one you can also generally ignore boil water orders. Adding a UV purifier after the RO makes certain the bacteria is killed.

FYI, here in Canada the regulations governing private wells are much stricter than those governing municipal water supplies.

IMHO, this is just a genetic mutation that didn't start showing up until now. Some phenos have mottled leaves. Also, the AN PH Perfect line works great in hydro, so unless you got a bad batch, it's probably not the PH.

IMHO, this is just a genetic mutation that didn't start showing up until now. Some phenos have mottled leaves. Also, the AN PH Perfect line works great in hydro, so unless you got a bad batch, it's probably not the PH.
He’s in soil though.

Back
Top Bottom