Trying My First Grow

aplesandoranjes

Browsing thru the grow journals on here inspired me to try my first plant. its just some bag seeds, but im just goofin around. I've started them germinating, but would love any advice or tips from growers. i'll post some pics when they are ready for planting.

alright, DUMB QUESTION #1

i have been germinating some seeds. how long should i let the sprout get before planting and do i plant them sprout side down or up?

aplesandoranjes said:
alright, DUMB QUESTION #1

i have been germinating some seeds. how long should i let the sprout get before planting and do i plant them sprout side down or up?

AS SOON AS IT OPENS GET IT IN WET SOIL..
AND IF IT STILL HAS THE SEED CAP ON IT .. PUT THAT PART UP AND LONG WHITE PART DOWN JUST UNDER THE TOP OF THE SOIL..
HOPE THAT WILL HELP.. GOOD LUCK..
P.J. OUT............

When there ready to germinate Get some good soil maybe one that can hold mositure thats better and is just better soil, then when you put the soil in the pots you dont want to pack it down keep the soil filled with air put pack it down just a tad and still be airy or w/e its working wonders for mine right now.

Just planted a few waiting on more to germinate. ill have pictures as soon as something happens.
ill probably just pick the ones i think look the best and grow a couple to see how it goes

Something Happened!

so here are some pics of my first 2 plants ever. things seem to be going ok. im a little unsure about how much i should be watering them. im amazed at how fast the plants are growing.
Sprout21.jpg

Sprout12.jpg

theyve only been planted 2 and a half days

Best piece of advice for new growers is to check out the popular grow threads in this part of the board, many questions answered in there by our growing staff and growing gurus we got on here...

just take care of them and don't let them get stressed out. knowing this is ur first grow u want it to be a learnig experance with furit at the end of the project not just some sacks of pollen. u have along way to go but hope every thing works out for u. waiting to see more pics.

WHEN YOU STICK YOUR FINGER DOWN IN THE DIRT AND IT IS SORT OF DRY DOWN ABOUT AN 1" 1/2 WATER IT... THE ROOTS LIKE WET -THEN DRY -WET -THEN DRY- ECT. BUT NOT TO DRY..HANG IN THER AND YOU WILL BE HELPING ME OUT IN NOT TO LONG....
P.J. OUT:sasmokin:

Looking Good...
Are They Bag Seeds Or Did Ya Buy Them?
WHAT ARE YOU USEING FOR LIGHT?
IT'S A GOOD IDEA TO PUT A FAN ON THEM.. IT HELPS THEM GET GOOD AND STRONG SO THEY CAN HOLD UP THE BIG FAT BUDS.
OUTDOORS THE WIND AND RAIN DO IT FOR THEM..
BUT INDOORS THEY JUST LAY AROUND AND GET WEEK (JUST LIKE ME).
AND JUST THINK IN 12 TO 16 WEEKS YOU WILL BE LOOKING AT YOUR OWN BIG FAT BUDS..
AND THINKING OF ALL THE HARD WORK AND T.L.C.YOU PUT IN TO THEM AND THEN YOU PULL OUT A KNIFE AND IN ONE FAST MOVE... IT'S ALL OVER.
AND THEN YOU START ALL OVER BUT THIS TIME YOU WILL HAVE A STASH TO
HELP YOU GET OVER IT...

P.J. OUT:sasmokin:

one tip i'll give you, if they stretch too much there fucked, so what i would do is put the lights 4-6inchs away from the seedlings, also, find a soil with good drainage, i.e anything with perlite is generally ok.

and instead of starting from point a, if u do it right you can have clones, that take only a week to establish a good set of roots and then its off to guranteed female land :D

ive noticed that they might be getting to skinny and tall. so i put the light closer and put a fan on them today. i also have been letting the soil dry out pretty good before i water again.

stonedthugg420 said:
yo...you don't live far from me at all, so you realise that when they get ready you gotta hook me up. lol :smokin3:

I got to worry about the plants living thru my touch of death first. ill be happy if i got a few stems...

Back
Top Bottom