Ready To Start My First Grow

shadowman

I am ready to start my first grow! I'm germinating some bag seeds to see if my lighting is going to be enough, just so I don't end up wasting my Medijuana seeds, I'm using Ideal 420 Soil, once my seeds sprout. I'm growing in a 4' x 2' x 5' tent with T5 HO 2' 4 bulb 96w, 8000 lm, starting with 6500k bulbs for veg. then switching to the 2700k for blooms. Ready to do this but nervous at the same time hoping I don't F it up. I'll be leaning on y'all for advice as it goes along. Wish me luck, I'll be posting pics with updates. Thanks to all that have answered my questions thus far.

:thanks:

Subbed, possible genetics? Grow room details? Soil type? Nutrients? You can grow some solid meds with a T5! Don't be afraid to add 1 "red" bulb to you mix in veg, it just adds more spectrum, same in flower, keep 1 "blue" bulb to mix it up. Maybe add some cfl's (or consider New single LED bulbs, no one has started really using those yet) if your worried about yield and more watts.

Im subbed. Here to help you along the way if you require it. I welcomed you to the site and said I would offer help and Im here to help. Everyone is a bit nervous when they start. Just remember the most common pitfall for new grower is overwatering the plant.

I'll be careful not to drown them, I'm picking up a soil moisture meter tomorrow, I noticed this morning that 2 of the 5 seeds I've germinated have cracked and begun to sprout! Less than 24 hours. Thanks SmokerJoe.

Up at 12am, about my usual time. I checked my seeds and have discovered 2 of the 5 have already cracked and begun to sprout. Less than 24 hours, I was a little surprised. I think it's a good start to what I hope will be a non-eventful grow. I'm going to take natert96's advice and put 1 2700k bulb in with the 6500k's for vegging. The tent is in the basement, my biggest challenge at this point is getting my humidity up to 50%. It's a little cool downstairs (unfinished basement). I put a space heater in the same area, that brought the temp up to 70-75. but my humidity is around 40-43%. I sprayed some water in my grow pot drainage pans under the light, so far it hasn't helped.

What kind of cfl's would benefit me? Thanks for the post. natert96
Your T5 are the same if not better then cfl. T5 cover more area but are the same kind of bulb

Subbed, Am a New Grower myself.

It looks like you are off to a good start. As Smoker Joe stated, don't over water. Keep your PH between 6.0 - 7.0. Don't force nutrients to early. You can go 3 to 4 weeks without them! Did you start your seedlings in Dixie cups or 4'' x 4'' containers or did you plant the seeds in the final container?

Humidity will be no problem since warmer weather is coming. For now, leave a plate or 2 of water in the tent. A wet towel works well also.

I'll be following and if you need any additional information, just ask, I'll help if I can. Also, I have a small "Grow Journal" going documenting week by week development. I learned a lot from the Advance Growers there.

Good Luck!

:welcome::420:

What kind of cfl's would benefit me? Thanks for the post. natert96

I use 200 watt cfl. I have a fixture that supports 150 and 200 watt cfl. I use those for seedlings but you could grow a ok plant under them. If you want good yield you really would want at least a small hps not to expensive at all. I dont know your financials though so you could start with just a cfl or What you got now is ok but eventually if you want more yield for your time you will want to invest in better lights.

Thanks for the info on the T5 and CFL comparison CO Finest, but due to the fact that the tent is only 2' deep, I'm going to supplement my T5's with some CFL's (just because they are compact). I should have them in the tent by the time they break through the soil. With the extra bulbs, I hope 3 of the 5 are girls. I'm learning a lot from you guys and I really appreciate it. I may have to start referring to you as the Professor! Guess who is Gilligan?

Hey SmokerJoe, I plan on expanding down the road but the budget is a little tight at the moment. I figure on clamping a 6500k and a 2700k CFL on each planter with my 4 bulb T5 on top for a grow or two then I'll get some better lights down the road. Thanks for your advice.

Right On SABO, I started the seeds in a paper towel and they cracked open in 24 hrs. I have them in small containers until they get bigger, I was thinking around 6 in. or so then put them in there final pots (3gal). I did spray some water in drain pans on the tent floor. With all the technics y'all have been teaching me, I figure on keeping them no more than 4' tall and as bushy as the tent will allow, and topping the shit out of them and doing LST and tying them down for shit loads of flowers. Let me know if you think I should go a different route.

Day 3 from germination, I was having trouble getting the humidity to 50% so I added soaked paper towels to the drip pans and that brought me up to 53%. I'll leave it there until I break through the soil and get a couple of inches in height. Then I'll bring it up to 75-80%.
No seedlings showing yet but from what I've read, it could take up to 7-10 days depending. Temp is around 70-75.
2014-04-03_12_46_23.jpg

Back
Top Bottom