Jack the Ripper Bush Grow

looks to be underwatered, since the roots aren't hitting the water, you should turn the dripper on and make sure it gets some water to the roots until they're long enough to reach the res on their own

Right on man thanks. I was kinda thinking that and added about a gallon of water so the water level was at the bottom of the net cup clone sets in. I also turned the drip ring on too so I got my fingers crossed that this works. In your experience though the way that picture looked, that would be underwatering?

yeah definitely just looks underwatered, when they don't get enough water they get really limp and look weak, like they're collapsing from lack of energy

yeah definitely just looks underwatered, when they don't get enough water they get really limp and look weak, like they're collapsing from lack of energy

Sweet thanks again, I was really hoping it was something simple like that. After thinking about it a bunch it was the only thing I could think of that was different from the dispensaries environment to mine.

After raising the light about 6 inches, bringing the water level up to the root level and turning on the drip ring, the plant fully recovered and looks great. I changed the reservoir out today and have the pH at 6.0. I put between the lowest and second lowest levels of the nutes according to the BPN feeding chart. The temperature in the closet bounces between 69.0 and 74.0. I bought a humidifier for like $3.99 at goodwill and its real cool, it has settings to control the humidity level between 35-55%, right now I have it set at 45%.

I'll post some more pics in like a week or so when some new growth happens. I plan on topping it real soon, it has 4 nodes right now and as soon as the top grows out about an inch or so I will top it. My plan is to try and end with with like 8 tops before throwing it into flower. I want to tie it down too because I don't have a ton of vertical height to work with. After some thought I really think I would like to get a 250 or 400 W HPS light for flowering instead of using my T5. Ideally I would like to bombard it with some HID light and use my T5 and some CFL's for side lighting.

I have a question for those of you who have ran DWC, how often do you change out your reservoir?

Anyone got any idea what the problem could be?? Only affects older, bigger leaves, new growth is not affected. The leaf tips on the side of the leaf are turning yellow and the tip of the leaf is a rusty brown color.

S7300391.JPG

whats good BSB!!!

I had the same issue with the yellowing and then the rusting, I just don't know what is causing this. At first, my thought was that I had the fans hitting them to much, so I started shutting the fans off for little bits at a time, but then it would get to hot in there for them... Now I am trying a humidifier cus I noticed that I have a low RH, 20%... way to low, but now I have a humidifier in the room with the girls, and it stays around 50-60% now... other than that, usual signs of yellowing is a sign of lack of Nitrogen, when a fresh clone has just rooted, they have no nutes since they got cut!!!

hope this clears up any questions...

:peacetwo:

whats good BSB!!!

I had the same issue with the yellowing and then the rusting, I just don't know what is causing this. At first, my thought was that I had the fans hitting them to much, so I started shutting the fans off for little bits at a time, but then it would get to hot in there for them... Now I am trying a humidifier cus I noticed that I have a low RH, 20%... way to low, but now I have a humidifier in the room with the girls, and it stays around 50-60% now... other than that, usual signs of yellowing is a sign of lack of Nitrogen, when a fresh clone has just rooted, they have no nutes since they got cut!!!

hope this clears up any questions...

Thanks for the reply! I also had a low humidity problem so I added a humidifier I got from good will for $5 and it is now sitting right at 49% RH. I was kinda thinking the same thing about them being freshly cut and not having any nutes yet.

yea man looks underfed/watered, howd that work out? im growin DWC and made the mistake of not hand feeding my girls to get the roots to water( i filled the res so water was touchin bottom of net pot as well), didnt work. i thought water would wick up thru hydroton and the roots would come get it, well long story short i ended up hand feedn em.

i got my humidifier at goodwill too! ha thats great, think it was like $5

yea man looks underfed/watered, howd that work out? im growin DWC and made the mistake of not hand feeding my girls to get the roots to water( i filled the res so water was touchin bottom of net pot as well), didnt work. i thought water would wick up thru hydroton and the roots would come get it, well long story short i ended up hand feedn em.

i got my humidifier at goodwill too! ha thats great, think it was like $5

Ya bro it was definitely an underwatering issue. My water level was at the bottom of net cup (no where close to roots) and it got really droopy and weak looking. I raised the water level to the roots and turned on my dripper and she bounced back greatly. Same day as problem, after light was of for one hour everything was back to normal. I just topped her yesterday so one week from yesterday I will post some pics of the top and one week after.

I think the problem I am having with those leaves is a magnesium deficiency. After reading through my grow bible by jorge cervantes and looking at a ton of information online, I see a lot of similar almost identical looking pictures of the yellow spots around leaf edges and the brown rust looking spots as problem progresses. I went and got some epsom salts and put in one dissolved teaspoon into my 4 gallon reservoir and am hoping that will take care of the problem. I also did a foliar feed so I am hoping that everything will be cleared up in a couple of days.

On another note, the topping that I gave her on Saturday is going well. The two main tops were barely noticeable on Saturday, now they are each about 1/2" so I will put up some pictures of her progress next Saturday and hopefully have the nute problem fixed as well.

Here are some pictures I found of JTR too stuff looks amazing. I also dug up a little strain info from the TGA subcool site.

1. Phenotypes - Two main phenotypes both with a Lemon Haze smell and short growth one tends to be more a pine smell.
2. Height-Look for the Short Pheno/ Colas swell late
3. Yield-Medium-Heavy / Moderate trim work
4. Indoor/ Outdoor
5. Best way to grow- Untopped and vegged to a full bush.
6. Harvest Window_8-9 weeks
7. Sativa/ Indica 70/30
8. Hybrid- Pluton X Purple Haze X Lambsbread X NL X Jack Herer X Romulan X Cindy99BCGA
9. High type-Intense, trippy, visual, phase shifting, increased heart rate, heavy crash increased appetite, pain relief, paranoia
10.Taste Like: Lemon mango pine hash with a heavy haze influence

jacktheripper_small.jpg

JTR.jpg

Easy (Ez) lol, subbed!

Hahahaha, don't you start now too!. Welcome aboard though!

sub'd and such, looking good, you are on the way to a nice harvest!:peace:

Thanks man I sure do hope a nice harvest is in order and I think it will because I did decide to buy a 400 W HPS light instead of using CFL's, so I figure one 400 watter for one plant should be good.

Thanks man I sure do hope a nice harvest is in order and I think it will because I did decide to buy a 400 W HPS light instead of using CFL's, so I figure one 400 watter for one plant should be good.

Lucky you man!!! I can't wait to get mine!!! I don't have the space for a HPS... YET... I have to used CFL for now... but at least it's something!!!

Lucky you man!!! I can't wait to get mine!!! I don't have the space for a HPS... YET... I have to used CFL for now... but at least it's something!!!

My space is pretty small too, its 4' x 2.5' but I can cool the area easily and I figure that 400 watter should bombard that space with all the light it needs.

yea thats way more room than I have, only have a 2.5 X 1.5... I would never be able to cool that down!!! LOL,

Oh ya than a 400 watter would be a tad much, you should look into getting a 150 W HPS that will probably be perfect for your space and not to difficult to cool either.

I am going to be moving within a year to a new house that will have a garage, we are looking for a 2 car garage so I can have 1 of the sides!!! then I will have my HPS!!! I can't wait, so for now, CFL is my only option for now!!!

Back
Top Bottom