N0ctem's Poor Man's Mixed Strain Indoor Grow

Hey guys! been awhile since my last post. got some clones rooting well in the aero cloner and took some pictures the other day on my phone, but i can't figure out how to remove all the tags from the image. I should also be doing some transplants some time soon here as well and i'll document that as well within the next couple of days. however in the meantime if anyone knows how to remove any identifying data from these images i have i'll upload them right away. Happy smokin 420mag! ;)

Yo man, did you get a new light, or are you using the camera's custom white balance? New lights make plants think strange things. Other than that they look healthy, and most are near ready to transplant.

Sorry can't help with the tag thing.

I'm gonna keep watching.

Yo man, did you get a new light, or are you using the camera's custom white balance? New lights make plants think strange things. Other than that they look healthy, and most are near ready to transplant.

Sorry can't help with the tag thing.

I'm gonna keep watching.

Just replaced my 600W HPS in the mother room with two high Flourescent lamps. 6 bulbs apiece 2/1 6500K/3000K and I plan to get another to go on the other side. I figured more light, more blue and more penetration. I'm planning on having lamps on either side and one adjustable from the ceiling.

Just Transplanted 3 more plants. The root systems are looking good.

4 in the tent so far. I'm converting and uploading pics now, over the next week i should be putting in several more every few days. A flood of pics are coming your way, thanks for being patient. Also! Step by step cloning tutorial will be included in a seperate post. :bongrip:

Ok, here goes nothing, So here's an update from the last few days.
IMAG000216.jpg

Mother Room as of 6/29

IMAG000413.jpg

XJ-13 as of 6/29.

IMAG000511.jpg

(Warlock) The Runt. ~ This one's been a wierd one since the day it popped. not entirely sure i'm going to keep it if it doesn't start making some good growth.

IMAG000611.jpg

William's Wonder X Northern Lights 7/1/

IMAG00087.jpg

From right to left: Blue Dot, Warlock, Warlock 6/29

IMAG002610.jpg

Another of the Mother room 7/1/

IMAG00279.jpg

First Casey Jones Transplanted 6/29

IMAG00289.jpg

Transplants from Today 7/3 one more casey jones and two Warlock

IMAG00295.jpg

The two Warlock Clones up close 7/3

n0ctem's Cloning Step By Step:

First, You will need:
IMAG00105.jpg

Rooting Hormone of your choice, Scalpel and or sharp fine point shears. (Optional Glass of PH'd tap or Distilled Water at 5.0-5.5. ~not shown~) Usually I prefer Clonex or Dip-n-Grow, but this is what I had around at the time.

IMAG00137.jpg

Packed bowl of your favorite flowers in your preferred smoking device. (My PHX Trinity and some Candy Jack)

Let's begin! Get your mother ready. I like to flush lightly at least 12 hours before taking cuttings, but I've done it without the flush with (In my experience the flush decreases rooting time by 1/2-1 day and increases the amount of clones that actually take root.)

After you've assembled the tools and prepared your mother it's time to take a cutting.
You have options! Taking a cutting isn't very difficult. I took this one with the shears shown in the image above and I'll use my scalpel on it later.
IMAG00197.jpg

This XJ-13 cutting is ready to be trimmed down to only a few of its leaves and have the stem scarred and cut on a 45 degree angle.

IMAG00207.jpg

On a sterile level surface carefully take your scalpel or razor blade and very gently scrape the outer dermis from the stem until you reach a lighter colored green or almost white colored tissue. Remember, if you hurry you may deal unnecessary damage to the stem and prevent your clone from rooting, use care when scarring the base of your stem and apply only very light pressure. (Scarring about 3/4" -1 1/4" of stem is what I've found is usually best for ideal results should you choose to). Next cut the base of the stem gently at a 45 degree angle. (Some people like splitting the stem instead of scarification, I'm not personally fond of it for aeroponic cloning purposes which is the application for the cutting in this case.) If scarifying seems too difficult or tedious for your needs don't worry about that part. If you're cloning in rockwool or jiffy pellets or a medium like that you may not want to anyways.

IMAG00238.jpg

Dip your cutting in rooting hormone/beneficial bacteria gel/powder.

Collar gently and place in your aeroponic cloner.

Voila! If you followed the instructions properly you should be left with an ideal cutting which will grow up to be a beautiful healthy cannabis plant if cared for properly. ;)

If anyone has improvements or edits to add to this please PM me with them and I'll improve this as much as I can. I hope what little I share helps someone out :)

So today is the 4th day of 12/12 for the clones, they seem to be responding well to their new home. I've had to water two times over the course of the last few days, and I'm hoping that soon i see some growth out of them, i'm hoping their roots develop further in the reservoir at the bottom of their 2 liter pots.
More pics to follow when I do another set transplants (hopefully within the next two or three days).

I'd also like to take this opportunity to thank you all again for all of your contributed knowledge and insight in your journals and how to or FAQ posts, and specifically 420fied whose "SOG With Me" journal inspired me to look further into hempy style growing and attempt this. :thanks:
This bowl's for you guys. :roorrip:

Hey everyone, Sorry for the lapse in posts, I've had some stuff going on that essentially has been taking up my posting/journal reading time. Tomorrow i should have some fresh pics of the transplanted girls in their tent and a bit more about what's going on in there.
Thanks to all of you still reading for your patience with my intermittent posting ;)

Hey noc Looking good so far. Um how about some pics of the tent and lighting set up as well! Would love to see the complete setup! Re-gahdless I'm in my friend!

Now that you mention it, i'm going to snap some pics right now and post them. Thanks for coming along for the ride.

In the meantime, here's an update. I have quite a few in the tent as of right now, although there are a few of them which aren't liking life unfortunately, though the majority are looking happier and healthier now that i've changed the nutrient schedule around a little. While I'm snapping photos I'm going to pull the couple who're doing badly and replace them within the next couple days.

Only a few days have gone by and already I'm seeing the beginning of some beautiful looking buds on a few of the girls. Although i will admit i'm now wishing I used GH 3 part or something of that nature for the ease of mixing.

Pics to follow. :bong:
-n0ctem

OK so i got some pics the other night while the light was on, i'm gonna take some in the morning when it's off and i can get a good flash off. So here's what I got for you.

Here's a group shot of the flowering tent
DSCN14631.JPG

Not too impressive just yet, couple of the girls aren't taking kindly to transplanting from aero. i've started watering 2 times a day when the pots are lighter and i'm hoping the roots of those who're struggling get established at the bottom res already.

DSCN14702.jpg

some of the new transplants

DSCN14692.JPG

Flower forming on one of the casey jones plants.

DSCN14661.JPG

Flower forming on one of the warlock plants

Can you share the details on the cloner you have?

Thanks for dropping by 420Dexter!

I made a DIY Aero cloner from an 18 Gal Rubbermaid Roughneck. Send me a message and I'll find the specs I used and send them to you in a reply if you'd like. ;)

So, i walked into my tent today and realized i need to update you awesome people with some pictures! :)

When i finish resizing them tomorrow morning i'll post em.
Look forward to some close up shots as well as a few of the group (Now with lights actually OFF! :D)

:bong:

A few group shots with the lights on
DSCN14631.JPG

DSCN14702.jpg

Fiddled around with the exposure a little for these photos, seems like you can see the plants a little better this way.
DSCN14922.jpg

DSCN15431.jpg

A few shots of the most developed Warlock plant.
DSCN14793.jpg

DSCN14842.jpg

DSCN14853.jpg

DSCN14881.jpg

Some Shots of the Hempy plants

Warlock
DSCN14661.JPG

DSCN1500.jpg

DSCN1504.jpg

DSCN15021.jpg

XJ-13

DSCN15171.jpg

Not too happy with how this plant has been growing.

Casey Jones:
DSCN15071.jpg

DSCN15101.jpg

DSCN14982.jpg

DSCN14962.jpg

DSCN14992.jpg

DSCN15251.jpg

DSCN15321.jpg

There are some more photos, I'll be posting them shortly as well. Hope you enjoy them! ;)
:bong:

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info! :blushsmile:

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Back
Top Bottom