Mi-Maniac's 1st Indoor Grow - Mix Strain

Mi-Maniac89

First off, thank you to everyone who reads this, and especially to anyone who leaves me any input.

What strain is it? Mix.
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? not sure
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Veg
If in Veg... For how long? started as sprouts 5 days ago.
If in Flower stage... For how long? n/a
Indoor or outdoor? indoor
Soil or Hydro? soil
If soil... what is in your mix? Basic potting soil until i transplant
If soil... What size pot? n/a
Size of light? 48inch 4 bulb T5 lighting.
Is it aircooled? low heat
Temp of Room/cab? mid 80's
RH of Room/cab? n/a
PH of media or res? n/a
Any Pests ? none so far =D
How often are you watering? Once daily, misting twice daily.
Type and strength of ferts used? n/a

I've been planning on a grow build for quite some time now, and i've been collecting seeds from all of the nugs i acquired over the past 2 years. 10 days ago i started to germinate the seeds and on the 5th day, they were planted. So far i have 6 plants, and still more sprouting. But once i get full leaves, i will be pulling some of the plants ending up with 3 plants, and hopefully 3 different strains. All the plants started off on my window cill, and as of yesterday i put them on a 24 hour light schedule, and will be soon building my cage to go above them. I do know quite a bit on upkeep with plants and gardens as i've had a green thumb since i was 8 (plenty of pictures to show me holding my pride). But, since this is my first time growing mediuana, i figured i would go to the best to learn. Which brings me to the reason i'm growing. I WILL NEVER SELL ANY OF MY PRODUCT. This for me is entirely a learning process, and to expand my horizon of knowledge on Botany. Only this time, the fruit won't end up in a salad, or in my belly =D.

Method to my madness.
Scrog, otherwise known as the Screen of Green method.
I've been doing my research on how to keep my plants short with out sacrificing bud size. And to also use my lights at full potential to help keep my bills low. From what i've read, my yields will be higher, and possibly twice as much as if i went the traditional way.

So far i've read up on everything i could find, and now i'm really starting to do my research on odor control as for this is something i've never had to do before. I found Granny420's method on odor control with the LemonGrass oil, and it's going to be my first method for odor control. I will be doing tests in a controlled area to really get a sense of how much odor it will mask/ get rid of while my plants are in veg mode. But since Granny420's method works perfect for her much larger scale grow plan, i'm sure it will be perfect for a 3 plant grow.

I will be posting pictures once my plants look a little more like plants, and not just sprouts.

Thank you.
`Mi-Maniac

Re: Mi-Maniacs 1st Indoor grow. mix strain.

Congrats on starting your first grow journal, and welcome to the wonderful world of Botanical Mediuana. Now that you started, you'll be hooked lol. If you have questions, just ask. Many of us on this site were in the same boat you're in at some point, and this place is a wealth of friendly knowledge and info. I'm hopping on board and ready for the pics. I grow with T5's as well with good success.

Thank you. And i'm happy to hear about others using T5 lighting. I myself used an extra light from my fish tank. I figured since i could grow any coral under the sun with them, they would grow plants as well.

I do plan on switching my cycle to a one month veg, then budding. Only because i don't know how many males i'm going to have, and i would rather pull clones from the better strains, and guarantee they're female.

DAY 2 of Journal.
So far my plants have been under 24 hour lighting for approx 50 hours. I haven't had any growth since they were moved from the window cill. I figured they would be a little shocked, but not this much. All of my others plants under the lighting have continued to grow at a faster rate.

I do have a question on misting my mediuana. Not sure if this is useful?

Ok! I won't mist them anymore. Thank you, I'm glad i asked =)

DAY 3 of Journal
Last night i started to sprout more seeds (a handful), and this morning, 5 of them were already sprouting. Now i have 11 plants all together, only needing one more to fill the mini grow chamber i bought until i transplant. One of the plants that started off in 24 hour lighting has already passed up the other plants. Also, i noticed that this particular plant has a darker/purplish stem, and the leaves are darker then the other plants aswell. I planted this particular one at the same time i planted my original 6, and it took 4 days longer to break the top of the soil, leaving me to believe this plant may be a different strain? Not sure.
I also bought a light hanging kit so i don't have to use to pieces of wood to hold my lights over the plants so now i can sleep safely knowing the light wont tip over on my plants.

I was told that regs are only called regs because they're grown fast, and with little care. I myself am going to grow fast aswell, but plan on putting a lot more care, time, and nutrients into my plants. Is this going to change the potency of my bud?

Are you growing using bag seed or certain strains?

So far i've read up on everything i could find, and now i'm really starting to do my research on odor control as for this is something i've never had to do before. I found Granny420's method on odor control with the LemonGrass oil, and it's going to be my first method for odor control. I will be doing tests in a controlled area to really get a sense of how much odor it will mask/ get rid of while my plants are in veg mode. But since Granny420's method works perfect for her much larger scale grow plan, i'm sure it will be perfect for a 3 plant grow.

I didn't know about this, thanks for sharing. Do you have a link for this? I love how you learn something new every day here.

Welcome aboard.
I too am from MI. Shhh don't tell any1.
I watched this youtube video How to gro MJ and it helped a lot its a 9 part series and explains alot. It's hydro but useful nun the less

Good luck with your grow.

Queentokelove - I am using seeds i've collected since i started smoking. It's all mix strains, including white widow, purple erkal(sp?), sour deasel, ak47, afgan kush, and some other strains. Hopefully i'll be getting some blue dragon seeds/ clones soon.
Also, here's a link to Granny420's post.
1st Indoor Grow - 9 Strains - Eek!
It's the 2nd post from the top.

SpaceGhost - Thank you for the video, i've been watching the hell out of grow videos, and doing a lot of reading. I'll be watching these videos soon once i get some time. And don't worry about me spreading your secret =)

Mi-Maniac89 said:
Queentokelove - I am using seeds i've collected since i started smoking. It's all mix strains, including white widow, purple erkal(sp?), sour deasel, ak47, afgan kush, and some other strains. Hopefully i'll be getting some blue dragon seeds/ clones soon.
Also, here's a link to Granny420's post.
1st Indoor Grow - 9 Strains - Eek!
It's the 2nd post from the top.

SpaceGhost - Thank you for the video, i've been watching the hell out of grow videos, and doing a lot of reading. I'll be watching these videos soon once i get some time. And don't worry about me spreading your secret =)

Oh I see though good strains you don't know which bean is which. Very Forest Gumpian ...but who doesn't like a good surprise! Thanks for the link,got it bookmarked.

Sent from my LG-P505 using Forum Runner

So what other plans do you have for lighting? how big is the room your going to plan on growing in? 12 plants take a lot of lighting and room. 12 plants won't probably make it and then you just want females if you get 6 keepers that would be doing well. still need quit a bite of light and room.

Queen - I always love a good surprise. Not knowing what's what is going to make things much more fun. And no prob for the link. I want to be able to help out as much as i can.

SpaceGhost - The room i'm growing in is only 8x8. But my grow area is 2x4. I'm going to go with the SOG method over my original plans so i can pick the better strains, and use clones. I figured since i will be putting a lot of time and effort into this project, i should choose my first steps wisely. I want to make sure i grow the better strains, and to be sure they're female. As for after my first grow, i'm going to be using the SCROG method and using a much longer veg period for more product. I understand 12 plants is wayyyyy to much for me, and i agree. But, i don't plan on keeping all 12. I'll prolly end up with 5 or 6 once i weed out the males, then from there i will be paying attention to bud size, potency, and how well they grow with the lights i'm using.

The lights i'm using will be more the sufficient (from what i've read) for a scrog. People are using cfls that put out nearly a 3rd of the power my lights are using. I do have access to actual grow lights, but don't plan on using them considering 400watt metal halides would triple my existing electric bill. The T5s on the other hand should only run me an extra $15-$20 a month.

DAY 4 of Journal
Checked the plants early, and planted number 12.
My 1 purple plant started to lose it's dark appearance in the stem, but still has dark leaves. It has also grown a half inch taller then all of the other plants. Although, the other plants are growing longer leaves. Not sure what this means, but i can't wait to find out!

Purple plant = 4"
The rest vary from 3"-3.5"

Re: Mi-Maniacs 1st Indoor Grow - Mix Strain

Did your mom come home? or worse yet your GF

Man I gave out my location too "Colorado".

lol, spaceghost.

And no, i was messing with my light and it fell down. Broke all the stems, and when i checked on the sprouts, the roots were all broke from the seeds. Even the miniature green house was destroyed.

My cousin is going to be giving me some LA confidential seeds soon. What sucks the most is that my seeds came from all different strains, and i used the last of them on the grow that just got wiped out. Once i get some seeds started, i will be continuing this grow thread.

Does anyone know were i can buy seeds online? Or at least some place close? i don't want to grow all the same plant, considering the surprise of what will come of the seeds is what got me the most excited.

Wow, i had no clue how expensive seeds can be. 10 bucks per seed? Shit.
I figured it would be more along the line of a dollar a seed. Looks like my next grow is going to have a lot less plants.

Back
Top Bottom