Trying My First Grow

im in the progress of putting up lights and making a place for the plants to grow and mature. i have been growing them in my living room.
could anyone tell me about how big they are when they start to smell

well i finished stringing some new lights, hidden in my closet. just florescent bulbs. got them for free from my grandad. guess i'll see how it goes. im really concerned with that one getting real tall.

PICS!
Sprouts41.jpg

sprouts51.jpg

good smoke comes for those who wait

Well, from what I notice they start to smell when they get about 3-4 inches, or like 4 nodes with decent-sized fan leaves. Smell as in, if you put your nose on 'em. I have 3 plants right now, and each time I walk into the grow room I get a faint aroma of goodness. They are about 45 days old. But of course, it all depends on the plant itself. There are strains out there that don't give off much stankyness.

Well i had a pretty productive yet uneasy day.
i went and picked up some larger containers, dirt, another light (a cfl that puts out 2700 lumens), and some braces to build a shelf in my closet.

i went ahead and transplanted them before the root systems got any bigger. but i was kinda concerned about the soil i got because it seems to be holding more moisture than the previous soil. im going to keep a close eye on it but i think it'll be ok. Would mixing some sand in the dirt be a good idea?

i also built the shelf and hung the new light. i now have 2 tube floros and the CFL. i'm thinking this lighting setup will be sufficient for the 2 plants i have now.

Anyway, i'll post some picks when they get a little bigger. Later

Looks good so far, Are you planning on flowering them inside or, bringing them outside when they get big enough ???

420am&pm said:
Looks good so far, Are you planning on flowering them inside or, bringing them outside when they get big enough ???

I havent decided yet. i dont really have a yard or anything in the apartement im in. i do however have a big deck thats bout 12ft. off the ground. i could move them out there.

Back
Top Bottom