Trying to diagnose this

Triniminicano

420 Member
Hey guys, I'm a new grower having some issues and need some guidance. Here's the deal, one of my plants started showing signs the light was too close about 1.5 weeks ago, leaves pointing up saying hallelujah and the edges starting to curl over. Ok, I raised the light up, my bad, everything calms down. Another week passes by now I see the tops and new growth looking a little yellow, ph is fine, temp is fine, lights 20" from the plant, roots look normal. The reservoir water felt a little hot so during the day hours I drop one of those reusable freezer blocks, and it cools back down to normal. And it's so many reasons why it can be doing this and give similar symptoms, nitrogen, magnesium, manganese, etc etc. I don't wanna flip out trying this and that and this and end up killing her. And after staring at the deficiency chart after a while it all blends together and looks the same lol. Help me out guys I appreciate it. And forgive the newbie lol

ph 5.75 - I'm using the ph strips, which I hate and don't trust until my digital tester arrives tomorrow
18 light 6 dark
mars hydro 300w led grow light
4 inch inline fan
5 gallon bucket

1st pic is when I first started noticing the yellowing and the leaves as I said pointing up and curling a bit.

2nd was when the yellowing started to set in and the final pic with the flash was this morning

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190208-081821.png
    Screenshot_20190208-081821.png
    934.8 KB · Views: 30
  • Screenshot_20190208-081854.png
    Screenshot_20190208-081854.png
    961.5 KB · Views: 38
  • 20190208_072928.jpg
    20190208_072928.jpg
    402.1 KB · Views: 34
My advice after studying your pictures is that the leaves pointing up is totally normal and the sign of a happy plant with strong roots. The leaves of a healthy plant WILL raise up to the light, and in that respect your plant looks happy.
The yellowing in the new growth however says that she is not getting the nutrition that she needs. If you are going light on the nutes, stop doing that and feed her a little more.

Nutes and % of manufacturer strength?
Additives? Any enzyme cleaners like hydroguard and z7?

Water temp?

Depth of water below net pot?

Size of bucket?

Also always post with natural light, blurple helps no one

Not sure how the praying became a good thing, aside from people saying it is. There's plenty of info online to debunk this.

It's doing so for thermal regulation. Stress

Biophysical Ecology

Heck, even the noob bible grow weed easy says so.
I also can't read the link... I do not have the needed google account to access that book.
I totally object to the descriptive term, praying, but be that as it may, in order to understand what is happening when you see that, is the key to understanding this debate.
All plants follow the sun, turning their flowers and leaves as the sun moves across the sky. In our indoor grows, the leaves point up, to the light. This process in the plant is called transpiration, and it involves the leaves lifting up, maximizing their surface area to throw off moisture, and this process causes an increase in water pressure in the trunk and branches of the plant, and subsequently, maximum uptake from the roots. A plant able to raise its leaves up like this is a healthy plant, and one with a good root system. It is not doing it because of stress. It is not doing it for thermal regulation. It is doing this because that is how plants are designed. Plenty of info online to debunk this does not mean just one link that no one but you can get to. If the information that you say is correct and was actually the truth, it would be everywhere and my plants which are being grown by a master gardener, would never reach up to the light. It is quite odd that every picture you see of my garden, including the one I just took last night, shows all of my leaves, from top to bottom, in full transpiration.

If the information that you say is correct and was actually the truth, it would be everywhere.

Ok, I guess that makes this study totally false. Can you show me, aside from anecdotal hearsay on a forum, that what you say is correct?

Anyway, I'm not signed into a google account either and it works. This study/link HAS been posted MANY places. The way we do things, and the things we learn are constantly changing. No need to be stuck in the past or stick a nose up to evidence.

Back
Top Bottom