Two New Unexpected Additions to the Grow

Ravenplume

Check out this little lovely we discovered growing happily in one of our (still mostly unpopulated) strawberry trays.
CN - Strawberry Surprise-00.jpg

No idea what it will be, strain or even sex, so this is being designated as Mutt:04 / Guttersnipe:08. I define a mutt as one that is either completely unknown in lineage, a large percentage of the genetics are unknown, or otherwise a great degree of uncertainty and this is the 5th certified mutt I have had (I start numbering at 0).

Guttersnipe, on the other hand refers to any plant found growing wild, and this is my 9th thus far since I started growing.

Anyway, I am just going to let this one grow up in the strawberry tray all season and see what I get. That said, I do believe a pet project name is mandatory for this one (not doing a journal on this one). Strawberry Surprise is what this one is christened as.

CN - Strawberry Surprise-01.jpg

Hopefully I can dig up and transplant that sunflower guttersnipe to the front yard without disturbing Strawberry Surprise.

And just a few minutes ago when I was outside doing a retake of the first pic and getting identified another mystery plant outside (turned out to be a potato from last year's experiment), I discovered this lovely chilling among the Garden Star of Bethlehem flowers; up against the side of the house.
CN - Beth-00.jpg

So that is Mutt:05/Guttersnipe:09, and this one will take the obvious pet project nickname of Beth. Beth WILL get transplanted into a bucket or planter though, unlike Strawberry Surprise. Also going to see what I can do with the Garden Stars. Been trying for the past two or three years to grow a potted one transplanted and eventually collect seeds, but that project usually fizzles out due to low priority.

Will be weeding the cage in about another hour before putting in Bubblegum Lite and Birthday Spanking. Hope to see some guttersnipes in there as well. I reckon if I do, then I should be able to get a close enough guess on what each is depending on where in the cage it popped up; so any found out there, unless dead center, will not be a mutt.

Back
Top Bottom