What's your unexpected favorite tool?

Was a 2 burner fancy one.

My wife retired it with a sad sad look on her face ..... when I got the ball and chain out and tied her to the new stove. lol

I love the temperature controlled induction hot plate I have. It's great for power outages, and when I need an extra 'burner.' I also use it for soups and stews.

Bobbrown that's a pretty sweet stove! Gas ranges and tanks here are considered super luxury since there's no infrastructure for it and every home runs electric. If you see a gas truck pull up to a home you think "ooh, they fancy folk"

Elitech temperature data logger. My garden is outside so this is very handy for monitoring over night temperatures.
Automatic watering system
Inkbird temp & humidity controller. For nice slow controlled drying after harvest.

As a low-tech grower, I'm loving this thread. I use a lot of the stuff that's been named (my stove almost daily!). Hard to come up with a favorite, but pipe cleaners are high on the list.

When I have seedlings that need a little help standing up I use an incense stick (after the burn) and a little twist tie for support.

Bobbrown that's a pretty sweet stove! Gas ranges and tanks here are considered super luxury since there's no infrastructure for it and every home runs electric. If you see a gas truck pull up to a home you think "ooh, they fancy folk"

Well it beats cooking over a wood fire (inside anyways). We've come a long way in the 21st century. lol

Everyone up here where we are uses LG. Get that big ugly tank out there in the front yard so everyone can see it. Then park all your old broken down trucks and tractors next to it. Call it good. After a while you won't even notice they are there. lol True story.

Can you spot the gas can? VVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

81622603.jpg

Well it beats cooking over a wood fire (inside anyways). We've come a long way in the 21st century. lol

Everyone up here where we are uses LG. Get that big ugly tank out there in the front yard so everyone can see it. Then park all your old broken down trucks and tractors next to it. Call it good. After a while you won't even notice they are there. lol True story.

Can you spot the gas can? VVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

81622603.jpg

Left of the sign?

What frequency and duration do you run the pump for your auto burp setup? Freaking great idea!
So I saw a video on YouTube about a guy who has a set up with his pump that runs on a timer once a day. Since I had an inkbird humidity monitor I only wanted it to cut on when the humidity got past 63%. So I set the air pump to turn on at 63% then it starts exchanging the air and cuts off at 61%.

This is all an automatic process so I'm not sure how long it would take to run the pump to get it to 61%. I guess that depends on how big of an air pump you have, the bigger the pump the quicker it gets there.

So the last harvest I did I let dry for 3 days until the nugs where dry, and I stuck everything in a 5 gallon bucket, branches and all, and hooked up my monitor. Hopefully this will get the last bit of moisture out and once it is stable I will put another lid on the bucket and let it long cure removing the lid once a week.

I'm not sure this is going to work but we shall see.

So I saw a video on YouTube about a guy who has a set up with his pump that runs on a timer once a day. Since I had an inkbird humidity monitor I only wanted it to cut on when the humidity got past 63%. So I set the air pump to turn on at 63% then it starts exchanging the air and cuts off at 61%.

This is all an automatic process so I'm not sure how long it would take to run the pump to get it to 61%. I guess that depends on how big of an air pump you have, the bigger the pump the quicker it gets there.

So the last harvest I did I let dry for 3 days until the nugs where dry, and I stuck everything in a 5 gallon bucket, branches and all, and hooked up my monitor. Hopefully this will get the last bit of moisture out and once it is stable I will put another lid on the bucket and let it long cure removing the lid once a week.

I'm not sure this is going to work but we shall see.

This is very interesting! I think i saw the same video where the dude had a wall of buckets with a big manifold hooked to a pump on a timer. It was interesting that he was using two check valves for each bucket to lock out the air until the pump kicked on. Would imagine you'd need to run a filter in that room if you're not in a legal state!

This is very interesting! I think i saw the same video where the dude had a wall of buckets with a big manifold hooked to a pump on a timer. It was interesting that he was using two check valves for each bucket to lock out the air until the pump kicked on. Would imagine you'd need to run a filter in that room if you're not in a legal state!
Yup that is the video I saw also. I just added the humidity monitor since it was right after the dry period. I am a newbie so it is very hard for me to judge when stuff is dry.

Luckily I am in a legal state. Woot

toolbox.

this one has seen better days. it's the first one my dad gave me when i was a kid. he used to store screwdrivers in it.
cleaned it up and use it to store all the little bric a brac you kinda gather up to grow with.

keeps all the stuff organized in one spot.

Back
Top Bottom