Two plants dead need help to save the rest

Bridge28

I grow in tubs. Monday evening one of my plants all the leaves went totally droopy. It was really windy so I thought it somehow snapped from the roots even though it has a tomato cage. Now on Wednesday a second plant went limp and the first plant is totally dead. I thought I should separate them from the rest of the grow. When I move the two plants there was a massive amount of little white worm nats like you would find on rotting food or meat under the tubs on the cement. I moved the other good plants to a new area and some of them had the bug worms. I don't know how to post the photo but will work on it.

What are they? How do I stop them? 2 dead 10 alive.
My girls thank you :)

You definitely need to check the pH balance and make sure you're using the right nutrients. If the pH isn't at a good balance or not getting the proper light spectrum they shut down and I think its contagious in the plant species honestly. Also I would get some rooting hormone and clone the plant.
Good Luck
BlaZe

Hi,

These worms can be from a fly, beatle or other insect. Just explain the problem at your local garden centre and they will recommend some sort of insecticide. You dont have to tell you grow marijuana, just say they're tomato plants. Spray it on you plant and the worms will be gone in a few days...

Rj

This is somewhat of a guess given our limited info and no photos. But a good chance its right.

I think you have been watering the plants too much. This was keeping your soil and the compost in your soil too wet, not only choking the roots but also providing a perfect breeding ground for fungus gnats and other flys that lay eggs in soil.

The larva hatched and ate the roots. Normally with a few larva its not big deal and the plant keeps on going just fine. However seeing as you have them literally pouring our of your soil you definitely have a massive infestation. They are eating your plants roots like zombies in a brain factory!

Stop watering right now. Also get some D.E and spread out a decent bit on the soil. The soil needs to almost completely dry out each time before watering again.

Back
Top Bottom