Two plants - same problem

voodoochild

I'm finally around 30 days into the veg. stage and I have two plants that are giving me fits. here's the deal - 5 are growing well - 18 to 20" so far. HOWEVER there are two plants (the same strain) which have grown at least 6" to 8" above the others, but the branches are very lanky and the leaves are a very light green - almost yellow with the veins showing dark green. These startedout as the lowest leaves, but the problem is now slowly moving up the plant. (One of these five is the same strain as the problem plants - it's grwoth is the sae as teh rest of the garden but thel leaves are lighter green).

First I thought I was overwatering so I cut back. no change.
Second I thought- nitrogen deficiency due to leaf color so I cut back to plain water. no change.
Finally I am thinking that they grew too fast and the roots haven't developed suffiiciently to provide enough nutrient uptake.
Now I have them on a fish/kelp fertilizer to hopefully develop theit root systems and still .
They are growing well, but with the rest of the garden a lush green, these yellowing leaves are starting to piss me off.

This is a soil garden - watering using organic tea daily and fertilizer once/wk.
Horizontal 400w HPS: 18" above the plants.
Mylar on ceilings and walls.
Temp range:71F to 76F
The leaves are misted 2-3 times/wk.
One small oscillating fan, and one vent fan.
Total space:3'X4'
7 plants in individual 3 gallon containers.

ANY IDEAS??

Thanks!
VDC

p.s. - MV & Smokey - I'm learning a lot reading your posts! This is my first grow, and your willingness to share knowledge has been great -Thanks!!

Re: two plants - same problem....

i would try cutting back on the tea daily. try every other day. it is just probably picky with nutes. try different nute scheduals tell us what happens. thanks man sorry i didnt reply earlyer. i see your in the bay. i am too. well have fun growing

Back
Top Bottom