Lowryder 2 - First time window grower

Dawizz

Hi everybody!

Does anybody know why the bottom leaves are turning yellow with brown spots? The leaves above are much lighter green than the top leaves, so i am affraid that it is spreading. I use black gold as fertilizer and water the plant when the soil is dry. I have two other plants which are younger and they are showing early signs of the same problem. From what i have read it could be Nitrogen insuffiency, but it have not helped with fertilizer for the last two weeks. I have just ordered biobizz fertilizer - trypack. Help would be much appreciated!!

Yours sincerly

Plant_6_weeks.jpg

Hi again!
Does anybody have any ideas about what is wrong with the plant or do you need more information?
It have spread to the middle leafes with brown spots now but the top leaves still looks good.
Help would be much appreciated!

/Asker

Hey Dawizz.
Yellowing and brown spots are usually a sign of manganese deficiency or it could be a case of too much iron.
What ph levels are you watering with?
I bounce mine between 5.5 and 6.2 in coco so she sucks up the full range of nutrients
Do you have a fan on her?( making her strong..)
Don't stress, she'll be alright.Damaged leaves won't recover...All your new growth look dandy! That's what matters.
Hope this helps

Sent from my LG-D855 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I think that there is a good possibility that these plants are becoming rootbound. The yellowing starting at the bottom and progressing slowly up the trunk is showing you that there is a mobile nutrient deficiency. Magnesium deficiencies usually attack the tips and margins of the leaves first, and usually first at the very bottom and then suddenly anywhere from mid plant on down. Your leaves look great except for these down low, so great as a matter of fact that I implore you not to throw a bunch of nutes at this trying to fix an easy problem... you are doing just fine with what you have been doing... I would not change a thing... you might even be over nuting just a little.

When the roots start getting constricted and the plant is continuing to grow, a problem develops... the plant can not get the nutrition that it needs, even though all the nutes it needs are sitting there in the soil. The roots need to spread out, and get some oxygen each wet/dry cycle... right now I bet they are all scrunched up together down there at the bottom, never really drying out, and competing with each other for what is available. This inability of the roots to do the job they want to do, looks then like a nutrient deficiency... but it isn't, not really.

Get some fresh soil on all sides of these plants in a larger container. Study how the younger plants who are just starting to exhibit this symptom, are talking to you with those first yellow leaves... showing you that they are starting to feel constricted. Study their roots compared to the one really in trouble and you will see. Also, when you put them in larger containers, fill those pots up to within an inch of the top... soil is not to be scrimped on in a container, and the roots can use every bit of it that you put in there. Once you have them in the new soil, water completely so as to merge the two soil regions.

You are doing great so far... I love the color of the rest of your leaves. The biobizz should be good stuff too. Give these plants what they are asking for and they are going to get huge!!

Back
Top Bottom