U.S. Equals Colombia In Cannabis Production

Jim Finnel

Fallen Cannabis Warrior & Ex News Moderator
US production of marijuana now equals that of Colombia, according to the annual report of the Vienna-based UN Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC). The report finds that the US and Colombia each produced some 4,000 metric tons of cannabis last year. Morocco is the world leader at 44,000 metric tons, followed by Paraguay at 16,500 metric tons and Mexico at 15,800. Production in Mexico is down from 25,800 metric tons in 2007, when it occupied second place after Morocco. The Mexican government boasts of eradicating 18,652 hectares of marijuana in 2008. A much higher proportion of the US crop is indoor—an estimated 430,000 plants, compared to 6.6 million outdoor. (El Diario, Ciudad Juárez, July 17)
Roughly 167 million people use marijuana at least occasionally, the report found. (AP, June 24)

*some content has been edited to meet posting guidelines

News Hawk: User: 420 MAGAZINE ® - Medical Marijuana Publication & Social Networking
Source: WW4 Report
Copyright: 2009 WW4 Report
Website: US equals Colombia in cannabis production | World War 4 Report

Wow! Just look at what a great job the police are doing.

They've really got us on the run now.

Used to take me days to find pot. Now it's minutes.

Thank you for saving me from myself.

If I did as good a job as you at my work, I might have to become a cop just to pay the bills.

4,000 metric tons......plus what I yield in a few months

The report finds that the US and Colombia each produced some 4,000 metric tons of cannabis last year.

I don't know. Seems a little light. A small country like Morocco produces more than the US? This article suggests Morocco produces more than the whole world combinded. The 13 states with medical marijuana, must put us higher. No?? Is this just Black Market MJ?

Why has it been almost 3 decades since I've seen any Colombian Gold?

Paraguay???

Bonehead, they turn it into soapbar hash in Morocco.

they better build more jail houses. in the end it is all about money. if pot would be decriminalized, many people would lose their cushy jobs and their ego trips and they would have to stop harrassing defenseless ill patients who try to be pain-free and extend their life-spans. the uselessness of imprisonment and the lack of empathy for medical mj patients show how many people have no feelings and human beings don't count in our society. with the present economic woes i can only assume that God is trying to tell us something.

Back
Top Bottom