Uhh? wha? II

alle-Mein

HEY after a bowl its time for a new thread :drool:

so this is my 2nd time at it, knowing alot more than the 1st time

My box from far away...

boxMedium1.JPG

On top im veg. 3 seeds, at the moment the strain slipped my mind... the bulb is 40watt

2-25-06Medium1.JPG

On the bottom... 150watt sodium bulb and a 4 day -into- flowering plant.

DSC06680Large1.JPG

1 day later

DSC06687Large1.JPG

btw... this is my neighbor =)

:headbanger: till next week

Re: uhh??? whhhaaA? II

i have a question for you straight-up growers... what's the point of a scrog for a plant with one top, growing straight up? i thought the point of scrog was for topped/trained plants to even out light distribution and to more easily train for more bud sites (hence the cutting off of almost all of the growth under the screen)? if that's the case, then what purpose does a scrog have for a single-cola plant, other than blocking light to lower branches?

He has more plants going under the net, plus the net is still useful even when u dont top, it doesnt let any nodes through, so all the side branching bud spots go through the net only, you get more nodes out of your plant that way=)

how so? i mean... I can see having one large bud and up to maybe 6 other buds... but i think you'd actually get more if you just let it go... scrogging is essentially... a type of training, if you will... it's used on plants specially trained for such... i'm sorry... I just don't see how it could be of any use... the leaves on ur plants will probably take care of that for you... it's gonna be so bushy only the upper 1/3 will get light at all... so all the lower branches are gonna die off anyways... i dunno... i'll just wait and see i guess, right?

Actually i started doing the same thing with my plants....i couldn't train/top any of them before flowering due to time constraints but i still decided to go ahead with this method (SCROG)....by tying the branches out and across the grid...it let me get light all the way to the bottom of the plant....and i really think they loved it...

but i guess we will only find out....

eyeless1 said:
i couldn't train/top any of them before flowering due to time constraints

doesn't take THAT long, and you can start training as a seedling...

snugglefunked said:
doesn't take THAT long, and you can start training as a seedling...

that is true...but if i had topped...i would have to let it veg for some time after...but i couldn't afford any extra veg time...so i decided i couldn't do it..

problem i have is that i live in 2 different countries...so i gotta do things quickly then move back and forth etc.

ohhh... but still... you don't have to trim anything... if you simply bend the plant over and keep tying it so it stays growing mostly horizontal, all the side branches will grow up, like tops, and be more even with the light... and to be lower too...

I tied my 1st plant, I like this method alot more... simplier and "cleaner" looking IMO

This morning my plant touched the SCROG, growing ~1" per day =)

What is that contraption?
That is a "gravity bong"... I will take some pics next time in use and update along with the plant.

snugglefunked said:
ohhh... but still... you don't have to trim anything... if you simply bend the plant over and keep tying it so it stays growing mostly horizontal, all the side branches will grow up, like tops, and be more even with the light... and to be lower too...

sorry...if there was any confusion...i meant i couldn't top my plants...not train...because i did/am training them but just didn't have the time to top

so yea training by tying etc. is great!!!

grow on :smokin:

A. thats LST - the tie down.
LST= low stress training. people in orange county developed this method for growing mj along the sides of highways and places of this nature. and from the air with your plants tied down. looks like its a tomato plant from the air :D

what is the screen for?

i know what scrog is... but that's not scrog... what purpose does the screen have in that situation, besides maybe holding the stem up? the screen in scrog is to help you train your plant for an even canopy of growth shoots... there's really no purpose in having a screen in a plant growing straight up... in fact all it does is block just a tiny bit of light to the bottom foliage... you didn't train the plant at all... and that's what scrogging is all about... i posted some info in another thread... lemme find it... it's actually on your roomate's thread:
My room grow set-up
so what benefit do you think it has for your plant? what exactly is it doing?

ahh!!! buzz killer cant you just wait for the end result?

I'm trying something new. I understand now that you train the main stem under the net and let the side branches grow. I let it grow through because of the rebel that I am. Lck me nwo

yeah. def, man. would love to see some updates an info. peace man :bongrip:

Back
Top Bottom