XcaLi's First Semi-Indoor Grow

XcaLi

So basically I've been used to outdoor growing. Get a seedling going, plant it outside, water it when theres a dry spell or really hot lol. But this year it got cold really quick and I was late with plants. So i took them out and replanted them into 4 pots and moved them inside.

My closet is about 3ft x 4ft x 7ft. I started off my laying plastic sheet down on ground and a couple inches around on walls. Then a towel to soak up any spilt water when watering. Then wrapped 2 lines of tinfoil around the plants and put up 2 flouro 40 watt lights.

After finding out the next day this is not enough light at all, the smell is taking over the whole house and that I need to circulate the air constantly I started on day 2. I wrapped the ceiling in the same plastic since there is big cracks between the ceiling tiles which releases right into the floor for the mainfloor ... main reason house stunk is my guess. Pind it up with tacks and taped the cracks. Then I cut out plastic sheets to cover the cracks in the door (its a shutter with slots all down it).

I moved onto lights, mostly random stuff around the house. I head 250-400 is what id need for this. So now I have 2 40watt Flouro tubes, 60watt bulb, 150watt flood light, 50watt halogen, and a 90 watt halogen. Don't know if this is will get them going, i plan on putting in another 150 watt flood hopefully. To circulate air till i make a air system (not too sure what to do since my closet is about 15ish feet away from a window, was thinking about setting a fan to a carbon filter in my room, i heard this removes smell) I have a fan blowing air upwards towards the lights (one of the lights melted through the holder :|)

And that is where I'm at right now. I'm doing a 12-14hour on/12-10hours off light cycle and watering about 150-200ml each a day.

I'll be posting pictures shortly.

img0341ao4.jpg

This is my set up, was a real quick one using stuff around the house ... Been like this since thursday and i've been tryig to get exause with carbon filter but still working on making one. I've been airing the room out 3x a day blowing air in the closet from outside it...its about all i can do right now.

Question:
I started getting brown spots on the leaves, only two reasons i can think of is it gets too hot in there or not enough air circulation since pretty much they get fresh air one every like 5 hours during the day. Anyone know what causes brown spots?

How would i wire a computer fan to an electrical socket ... i tried taking out the whole power supply to my desktop and pluging it in while takin out of comp but fan doent go. Theres a red and black cord so its easy to wire but i dont know what id need to wire it to before that

I used a cell phone charger as an adapter to the 5 fans inside my pc box. You can use any kind of power adapter from most appliances...

To be honest, 5 fans in my 1.5ft cubic growbox is still not enough! Looking at yours, I can tell you need to get an oscillating fan (dosent have to be, but its good for the fan to hit the whole grow area, rather than just one spot). Just get some small fan at walmart for like 15 bucks. The plants will do much better with airflow... Afterall you are trying to recreate nature as best as possible!:ganjamon:

Well what type of lights should i use? Like I'm new to this and all I see all over this site is people showing what they did/asking questions ... but no one really shows you what to use :S ... I spent hour+ in walmart trying to get better lights and an exaust but no boxes say shit like HID.

Like I spent hours looking for how to hook up a cpu fan, everyone talks about it here ... theres nothing to say how to do it. (i kno now tho)

Lol, i made 2 exausts. One is a computer fan blower into a drain pipe for a gutter under crack under doors, other is a house fan set inside of a box where he box has a hole in it that blows through carbon.

img0348yh9.jpg

I copied someones idea for $3 carbon filter and just did my own twists to it. But i hope this stuff works :S its not the same type as his, couldnt find it.

Also I got rid of the halo's. I now have 2x long 40watt flouro's 150watt flood and 4 CFLs.

img0350ks2.jpg

Now have:

2x 40watt CFLs Soft White
2x 40watt CFLs Cool White
4x 23watt CFLs Soft White\
25watt Old CFL Soft White (its weird its not spiral ... its like 3x seperate U shapes)
13Watt CFL Soft White

This should be enough light for 4 plants correct? If you look i have some lights down low on sides.

Is this grow still alive?
If so, please update us with some pictures and info.

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Back
Top Bottom