undergrowth lighting

NuhNugz

So... im upgrading my 2 90w UFO's to 3 120w Growledhydro lights ... and wondering ..

my experience thus far with indoor growing is the bottom part of the plants sux and get clipped while the tops under chicken wire almost make underneath totally dark ...

I wonder if a small lamp positioned somewhere underneath facing up would increase production ...?

In other words ..having 360w of LED on the top facing down ..and maybe a 90w one or 2 facing up?

Sounds like ur talking about a Screen of Green set up. Trimming the foliage below the chicken wire is common practice to get the plant to produce above the screen/chicken wire at optimal levels. U can try lighting the underside and post ur results. I've never seen a ScrOG done the way ur describing. Be sure to take pics and post them so we can see if its worth trying (for those interested). ScrOG was desgined primarily to get the most out of fewer plants in a certain area (to maximize yeild w/out gowing over legal plant limits). This is all to my knowledge on the topic.

Sounds like ur talking about a Screen of Green set up. Trimming the foliage below the chicken wire is common practice to get the plant to produce above the screen/chicken wire at optimal levels. U can try lighting the underside and post ur results. I've never seen a ScrOG done the way ur describing. Be sure to take pics and post them so we can see if its worth trying (for those interested). ScrOG was desgined primarily to get the most out of fewer plants in a certain area (to maximize yeild w/out gowing over legal plant limits). This is all to my knowledge on the topic.

I certainly will take some photos after my current girls are finished ... about 3 weeks or so left.

Im looking to upgrade to an aeroponics setup ... trouble is ... around here no one really seems to know realistic plant size ... and I don't really want to go asking around ya know.

The Aeroflow units seem to be really kick-ass, but don't appear to have the ability to sustain 3-5' girls ... maybe they do.

If someone can recommend a unit that can grow 10-12 plants along with a good tent that is semi-sealed (or at least enough to run a small exhaust fan with a carbon filter/muffler to draw air through it) I'd much appreciate it.

Ive been using a cool-cab which is good, but the depth is killing me. For the money ..id rather up my equipment than modify the cool-cab (Basically buy another cabinet and cut the back of if and attach it to the cool cab).

I just purchased 3 120w GrowLEDhydro LED's ... found from the sponsor links on your site here ... so yeah ..may as well upgrade the rest.

As far as the lighting ... it appears with the aeroflo units... lights can be maneuvered in between the grow tubes facing up ..essentially making a sandwich of lights and possibly having colas coming out sideways from the bottom too! At least thats the hope!

I appreciate your expert advice. I will do the aeroponics just for the enormous veg potential .. simply a matter of finding the correct setup.

lastly ..making my own isn't really an option here ... wish it was because working with pvc and simple tubing is very easy.

So... im upgrading my 2 90w UFO's to 3 120w Growledhydro lights ... and wondering ..

my experience thus far with indoor growing is the bottom part of the plants sux and get clipped while the tops under chicken wire almost make underneath totally dark ...

I wonder if a small lamp positioned somewhere underneath facing up would increase production ...?

In other words ..having 360w of LED on the top facing down ..and maybe a 90w one or 2 facing up?

Plants aren't designed to receive light from underneath IMO. I'm still interested to see your results though. Side lighting down low may be a better way to go.:thumb::peace:

maybe not ...but MJ can be grown upside down ...it eventually turns itself right up again or it branches out from the root side of the plant.

Ill certainly see.

can you tell me if any of the aeroflow units can grow 5' plants?

not really a fan of ebb/flow as I don't want to dick with soil mixtures and whatnot.

maybe not ...but MJ can be grown upside down ...it eventually turns itself right up again or it branches out from the root side of the plant.

Ill certainly see.

can you tell me if any of the aeroflow units can grow 5' plants?

not really a fan of ebb/flow as I don't want to dick with soil mixtures and whatnot.

Sure. The plant will do what's best for growth as far as twisting and turning goes. No idea on the Aeroflow units sorry. As far as I know there are NO ready made systems available here in Australia other than what the hydro shops make up themselves. Can't get EZ cloners or anything here. It's DIY or go home here in Oz. You guys in the Northern Hemishpere can get ALL the good stuff. NO glass on glass bongs here either. I'd love a nice ROOR or Iladelph:peace:

im sure it could be arranged to ship you a ROOR .. is there some law against it there?

Sure you can get bongs here or "watercooled tobacco pipes" as we like to call them:rofl: I don't like the idea of Customs who work very closely with the AFP or Aussie Feds knowing that I'm buying that kind of stuff. I don't need them snooping around here.:thumb::peace:

Sure you can get bongs here or "watercooled tobacco pipes" as we like to call them:rofl: I don't like the idea of Customs who work very closely with the AFP or Aussie Feds knowing that I'm buying that kind of stuff. I don't need them snooping around here.:thumb::peace:

Honestly, I think governments know more about us than we realize ..regardless of where you are from.

Honestly, I think governments know more about us than we realize ..regardless of where you are from.

I totally agree mate. What they don't like is smart arses. It's kinda like they won't come a huntin for you if you keep a low profile etc but if you start making waves they can make your life hell. I'm sure one day one of the members here will visit Oz for a holiday and maybe I can line up something with them roor wise. I can live without it. Gimme a plastic bottle and a
paw paw(papaya) stem and I'm sweet to make a bong but I'm sure smoking through a nice big Roor would be a great pleasure. I saw one for $4500 bucks. Thats a bit too OTT. It was crusted with precious gems and a diamond. Very P-I-M-P.:peace:

Back
Top Bottom