Unexpected trip at harvest time! Need help ASAP

Zinpin

My first post. Hello and thank you all for being here. I'm looking forward to learning and sharing here. Sorry, this may end up being lengthy.

Growing 4 strains, 3 Autos and one regular, all hybrids leaning Sativa. 9 plants total. Everything is a few weeks from "ready" (subjective), give or take. Grew from seed, organic soil, minimal nutes, maxed out CFLs all the way through (a pain but worked quite well, actually). Please don't say it would all be better if I used better lights. I know this.

PROBLEM: I have to leave town in two weeks (July 19). This means:
1. Not all will be as ready as I would like but I cannot leave them unattended. The best are just getting cloudy, maybe 20%. The least (WW) are just showing Trichs).
2. Some will be good and "ready" enough, but drying and curing would have to wait two weeks for me to return.
3. I will not be able to burp the jars while I'm gone, at all.

QUESTIONS:
1. Is there ANYTHING I can do to get some of the Autos that are less ripe to mature faster so they won't be a complete waste? These would be the White Widows. I don't mean making the buds bigger, just more mature, as in Trichs cloudier/amberier etc.
2. Is THIS a bad idea: Pull the most ripe ones right now (Jock Horror, AK48, Jillybean), hang plants whole (minus fan leaves or no?), leave them hanging until I leave (2wks) then jar with maybe a tiny hole or two in the lid for the 2 weeks I'm gone?
3. OR take all of them just before leaving, hang plants whole while I'm gone and resume proper jar cure upon return? Too dry if I hang that long? Perhaps soak them well, a few hours before pulling?
4. Really cold water from here on out, especially the WWs that are the least "ready"?
5. Skip the 2-3 day dark in the interest of time?

COMMENTS:
1. Regardless of everything, I plan to flush very little, as I went very light on nutes all the way through and stopped altogether a week ago.
2. I don't care about a big yield, how pretty, how smelly etc. (except harshness).
3. I keep putting "ready" in quotes because I already know that it depends on what you're into, the strain etc.
4. This time around I don't have the luxury of pulling at exactly what would be the right time for me.
5. Except for the obvious, I am in no particular rush. In other words, I'm not saying "Dude, how can I speed this up 'cuz I'm so cranked up to get really stoned, dude".
6. I'm not selling. Just trying to ease chronic pain and affiliated depression and crankiness.

THANK YOU if you've read this far. If this is in the wrong sub-forum, please inform me so I can make it right.

Zin Pin

Back
Top Bottom