Unhappy after treatment

SirJames80

420 Member
Hi everyone! I had a little issue with spider mites and leaf jumpers, I feel that I have them all cleaned up I used pure crop and I haven't seen anything under the leaves flying around or anywhere! However I do have an issue where my leaves are still looking like lettuce and some of them are brown to the point where they're turning black and falling off ... Please send some of advice I will attach some pictures.. Thanks everyone!

Attachments

• 15698324814262611318018387160960.jpg
    15698324814262611318018387160960.jpg
    633.8 KB · Views: 36
  • 1569832507987459278279096183017.jpg
    1569832507987459278279096183017.jpg
    461.7 KB · Views: 35
  • 15698325257583005077727502298634.jpg
    15698325257583005077727502298634.jpg
    728.1 KB · Views: 35
  • 1569832542471184679726540209904.jpg
    1569832542471184679726540209904.jpg
    681.7 KB · Views: 31
:welcome: to the forum...

What did you treat your plants with? Has the new growth that appeared after treatment been affected?

If the new growth has not been affected the plants will recover on their own. You may want to wash the remnants of your treatment off of the plants by hosing them down with a light spray of water.

Welcome. Those are not happy plants. They need serious help. Any critters in your soil? Scrape it with your finger, and look with a loupe. I'd probably wash with warm dish soap/water and rinse with RO, top them, an hope for the best. How much light, real watts? Did you spray under bright light?

Hi Doc ,

I used pure crop for my treatment as well as bombed the room , I don't understand I did the same exact thing in the other room and I have no problems everything came back and look vibrant ....

I use a super soil and there is no real signs of any eggs left in the soil ... For lights t5 for my veg .. They are only in veg right now

:welcome: to the forum...

What did you treat your plants with? Has the new growth that appeared after treatment been affected?

If the new growth has not been affected the plants will recover on their own. You may want to wash the remnants of your treatment off of the plants by hosing them down with a light spray of water.

Thanks old salt !

I bombed the room I use pure crop my one-room came back looking beautiful and this one is not looking so beautiful my leaves are looking like lettuce, the stem is all vibrant and green still though...

Awesome! Thanks old salt !!

Someone else told me to move around the soil and see if there is any bugs I did and I do see some little white bugs moving around , should I treat the soil as well ?

Welcome. Those are not happy plants. They need serious help. Any critters in your soil? Scrape it with your finger, and look with a loupe. I'd probably wash with warm dish soap/water and rinse with RO, top them, an hope for the best. How much light, real watts? Did you spray under bright light?
Hey Doc!

I moved around the tops of the soil in the room that I'm questioning and there's these little white bugs that try to hide for me basically they run right back into the soil as soon as they see light or as soon as the soil is moved off of them.
I'm currently in veg just about to go into bloom however I do not want to put them into bloom until I recover from this issue, I was experiencing issues in my other room same thing as the one I took pictures of bombed it and pure crop and everything was beautiful and vibrant I moved around the soil even in that room and I see nothing so the treatment did work in that room 100% it just did not work in my other room. What would you suggest anything is a help I appreciate you!

I don't think you can treat the soil. I think you have to treat it above ground. Pictures would help identify them. Treatment usually has to span a couple of breeding cycles.

I don't think you can treat the soil. I think you have to treat it above ground. Pictures would help identify them. Treatment usually has to span a couple of breeding cycles.
They are so small I can't get a good picture, when I Googled little white bugs in soil looks like what I'm seeing , one thing I was reading was saying put sand on the top of the soil and then soak them ?...
I have never had an issue in the room so I've never had to treat anything, I'm on my 4th veg in this room and 1st lol ... Thanks for your time on helping me figure out this ..

I have a nasty stomach disease called gastroparesis it's hard for me to get up and do stuff some at times due to being malnourished really a nasty disease need less too say need my meds at 100% all times ya know..

move around the soil and see if there is any bugs I did and I do see some little white bugs moving around , should I treat the soil as well ?

Then you probably still have the same problem that you had before treatment. Many bugs "go to ground" to lay their eggs, and then the next stage of development of those eggs (larva) lives in the soil before climbing and/or flying to the plant, as an adult, to feed - and then the cycle continues.

It's one reason why many people will treat their plants three times, a few days apart each time, so as to (attempt to) kill the adults, then the new ones from the larva, then the new ones from the eggs that became the larva... that became the new adults. Trying to "break the cycle."

Do a web search for:
Code:
diatomaceous earth plants

Stuff is harmless to people and pets (some folks rub it into their pets' coats to treat for fleas, and then feed it to them regularly for a period of time in order to treat for internal parasites). However, soft-bodied insects that crawl over the stuff get covered in tiny abrasions/cuts, dry out, and die. You generally place a layer on the top of the soil (etc.). Although I suppose you could fill a duster with the stuff and cover your entire plant, both sides of leaves and everything else in the grow space, if you really wanted. Would interfere with photosynthesis, of course, and might clog the stomata on the undersides of the leaves, so I'd be pretty hesitant to do so (and would wash it off after only a few days).

May be fungus gnat larvae. Use Bt https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bacillus_thuringiensis to treat your soil. You can also drench the soil with neem I think(do some research first!!!), but that is radical treatment. You can find the cheapest Bt in mosquito cakes.
Thanks Doc !
After doing research I found out that they were root aphids , so I'm treating that we will see how it gos . All the new growth that I'm seeing is looking pretty nice and fresh so I think I got a handle on it

Back
Top Bottom