Unknown Strain

OTFmoney

Anyone have any clues on how to identify a strain? All I know is that my girl is a Sativa. Found the seed in some bud I bought from a buddy. I've sampled the bottom branches/flowers. Nice smoke so far. I'm 5 weeks into flowering, needing to know how much longer I have till harvest more or less. Monitoring trichomes but it would be be nice to know the strain. Have a look.

IMG_20150929_154911132.jpg
IMG_20150917_130351404.jpg
IMG_20150929_154936363.jpg

I'm a firm believer that nothing is impossible, something considered impossible just hadn't been done yet and that is the case for identifying strains.

The only possible way you could have any clue is if you were the grower of the mother plant and knew which father pollinated the mother. It could have been a hermie that self pollinated or it could have been pollinated with some bs.. Could be anything.

How much bigger can the bud get if I lack about 4 more weeks of flowering? Most of the mid level flowers have started to change color. Half Milky Half Amber. The top level buds are still clear/milky. What should I do?

How much bigger can the bud get if I lack about 4 more weeks of flowering? Most of the mid level flowers have started to change color. Half Milky Half Amber. The top level buds are still clear/milky. What should I do?

That sounds backwards. Some do two part harvests by harvesting the mature top bud and leaving the mid level stuff a couple extra weeks. If you've got 50% Amber you could pluck the mature buds and leave the rest. But I'd double check trich colors where you saw Amber. Most sativa dominant strains are 10-12 week flowerers. If you just need some smoke, you can check out bud backbuilding. It's the interesting theory of cutting ~30% of each bud off to smoke, and allowing it to regrow.

Is it possible to harvest in week 5? I'm seeing Amber color showing. The Calyx with hairs have turned amber as well kind of whittled. I thought I needed more time

Is it possible to harvest in week 5? I'm seeing Amber color showing. The Calyx with hairs have turned amber as well kind of whittled. I thought I needed more time

If she's ready, harvest. Your seeds could be some type of autoflower. That's the only thing I could think of that flowers this quick.

Im gonna take one more good look tomorrow. Im just shocked right now I was thinking I lacked more time I'm kinda freaking out. I haven't flushed or nothing. The buds don't look as big maybe cause I didn't give her many nutes during her life? Everything I've read or learned kinda went out the door. I'll prolly harvest chop her Sunday

Back
Top Bottom