Update: Alleged Sodomy Victim Sues NYPD

Jim Finnel

Fallen Cannabis Warrior & Ex News Moderator
The Brooklyn man who claims he was assaulted by police is filing a civil suit against the New York City Police Department.

Michael Mineo says he was beaten and sodomized by several officers inside the Prospect Park subway station in October.

But police say the officers chased him because they suspected he was smoking marijuana and gave him a disorderly conduct ticket, which was later deemed invalid.

Officer Richard Kern has pleaded not guilty to charges that he sodomized Mineo with his police baton. Officers Alex Cruz and Andrew Morales have pleaded not guilty to hindering prosecution and official misconduct.

The city's Law Department says they have not yet received the papers and will review them thoroughly when they do.

News Hawk: User: 420 MAGAZINE ® - Medical Marijuana Publication & Social Networking
Source: NY1 News
Copyright: 2009 NY1 News
Website: NY1 | 24 Hour Local News | Top Stories | Alleged Sodomy Victim Sues NYPD

How's he prove he's been sodomized? If there were witnesses and I was sitting on the jury I would find out what the net worth of NY is and give him that amount.

It sounds like NYPD is in for one hell of a lawsuit. I don't know how anyone in good conscience would want to become a cop now a days. It is so permeated with bigotry and abuse any more and the majority of the officers don't have the ethics to stand up and say no.

It has been my experience from my many encounters and all that I've read that a lot of cops are in that job because they are bigoted bullies who enjoy being the big man.
And when they are in that environment they thrive because their behavior is not only tolerated and condoned, but encouraged.
These are generally socially awkward guys who were probably picked on in school and now that they have the power they wield it without conscience or compassion.
They mimic whatever their bosses say without thought. It's like battling the Borg.
Now like any organization there are some good cops. Thinking and caring.
The only trouble is, they are a small minority who don't seem to be in control of anything.

There just seems to be so much good in the world that cops could be doing if they weren't in this constant battle with us over what I feel is a total health and moral issue.
If these guys were as smart as they say they are then they would realize the futility and moral corruption that comes from this war on drugs They would tell the powers that be that they weren't going to be the politicians pawns any longer.
Think that will happen? When pigs fly.

I agree with Caber.
In my personal experience with home town kids turned cops, it is usually the socially awkward kids or in my case the stutterer who grew up to become the big tough cop.
I also agree that there are thoughtful caring individuals out there that became police officers for the right reasons, but as you pointed out they are the exception not the rule.

I had a couple relatives join the force and its as you say. They were troubled kids to begin with. And one was just an out and out asshole.

Sorry to hear that. You can pick your friends, but you are stuck with family.

I wonder how many times over the years that family busts family? I know that some people get turned in by relatives, but just think how mad you would be if some cop in your family busted you for pot.

I saw them flying today low with a helicopter,keeping an eye on the grow sites! I have known some good cops and I have met some bad cops, with most being somewhere in the middle. They have to put up with crap everyday. In a society that has been totally corrupted by 7 decades of prohibition, I can see why some people would gravitate to a shitty job like that. A beat cop would be on the front lines as far as being the first ones to get bought off by the big cartels. In some cases they lose their lives to the same drug lords. I say time for a break. Lets give up this prohibition nonsense and get on with living on a peaceful planet.

Back
Top Bottom