Upped nutes to normal feed, spots on leaves today

DrDankness

Hey guys. Got my babies in the coco for about a week now. I run Canna everything. Been feeding the Coco A & B per their "light" feeding schedule and yesterday i figured they were established enough to switch to their "normal" feeding schedule. I also went from feeding twice a day to feeding 3x a day, but for a little less time and added Rhizotonic and Cannazym as well. I looked in today and they have these light spots on 3 of them. Not sure what this spotting is as im new to coco still and just wanna nip it in the bud (lul) before it turns into something more. They are kinda hard to see for some reason but in person they are much more obvious. PH is 5.9, EC is 1.2. Canna says it should be 1.1 after these nutes.

Attachments

• thumbnail (2).jpg
    thumbnail (2).jpg
    419.3 KB · Views: 114
Do you water until run off ? Aim to get atleast 20% run off to prevent build up especially if you watering 3 times a day. Run off also refreshes oxygen for root system.

I do water til runoff. I get runoff for a good 20 seconds atleast when i water to make sure they flush well. Just got a 24 hour nute monitor and hooked it up. It said my feed was at 6.3 ph. Im dropping it back to 5.8. And EC was like 1.2-1.3. Could these spots be nute lockout from the higher ph? If not im thinking its a calmag problem

I do water til runoff. I get runoff for a good 20 seconds atleast when i water to make sure they flush well. Just got a 24 hour nute monitor and hooked it up. It said my feed was at 6.3 ph. Im dropping it back to 5.8. And EC was like 1.2-1.3. Could these spots be nute lockout from the higher ph? If not im thinking its a calmag problem
Did you buffer your Coco with calmag before use ? Also do you add calmag to your feed. Coco is know to drain calmag from feed because it uses itself that why you need to buffer before use with high dose of calmag. My seedling is 2 weeks old now I'm feeding 500ppm calmag canna a +b and seaweed.

I just started using calmag 2 days ago. Using 3ml per gallon. I didnt buffer the coco because i was under the impression canna coco came buffered how it needed to be. I keep hearing people say they run really high ppms of calmag, like 300-500ppm. Or maybe im just reading them wrong. My nutes say to run around like 550-600 total. I use A + B, rhizo and cannazym right now.

Here are a few new pics

Attachments

• 0510201122.jpg
    0510201122.jpg
    752.1 KB · Views: 102
  • 0510201124a.jpg
    0510201124a.jpg
    725 KB · Views: 103
  • 0510201123.jpg
    0510201123.jpg
    760.2 KB · Views: 97
What's your total ppm per feed you running? 3ml per gallon seems high although there is lots of different calmag products some are 1-0-0 some are 3-0-0. I'm personally doing 1.5 ml per gallon with RO water for 20 day seedling. If you running tap water high ppm you might not need calmag at all

Total ppm is like 650 / 1.3 EC. Im trying to keep it at 550ppm / 1.1 EC and 5.9/6.0 ph. Im using Botanicare 2-0-0 calmag with iron. Im running a Hydro Logic RO system, so i get pure water.

I just refilled my nute res. Its at like 950-1000ppm (.9 - 1 EC). I went back to my light feeding schedule and went down to 2ml per gallon for the calmag. Fingers crossed this works!

Back
Top Bottom