Using perlite

HAPPY GRASS

Hi guys, I'm about to make my new soil mixture and it consists of 2/3 FFOF and 1/3 Perlite. Basically I just want to know if there is any deficiencies or problems that are commonly faced with the mix, anything would help... Thanks

Hi guys, I'm about to make my new soil mixture and it consists of 2/3 FFOF and 1/3 Perlite. Basically I just want to know if there is any deficiencies or problems that are commonly faced with the mix, anything would help... Thanks

i'm a regular ffof user and i can make two recommendations. first would be the use of dolomite lime as a soil amendment. i had a hard time getting the runoff numbers i was lookin for without the dolomite. helps to stabilize ph. get the pulverized variety and i add 2-3 cups of lime per bag (1.5 cubic ft) of ffof. second would be the use of bat (mexican) guano. helps to give a nice nitogen charge for green and fast growth. you can mix with the soil or make a tea to water with. i'll put a link to a good thread on guano and you can check it out. good luck! :smokin:

Bat Guano for Organic Indoor Gardening w/RooRman

myself i like to use 50% soil and 50% pelite. I like that it let's the soil dry out good and it airy. It would let me water every 2-3 days i never went past 4 days though. Plus when it came time to flush it will let the water pass threw real good. I had 5gal. Buckets and could pass 10 gal. Of water for flushing in about 10 min.

Thanks for the info guys, I use the bat guano I have three types. But I like to water it in, personally I just try to deal with it as little as I can. Have some Master Kush going, post some pics in a lil bit, and deninitely the flush thing is also an issue cause that sh*t shrinks up real quick with no perlite. Anyone else have anything? I would really appreciate it...

P.S.
Thanks for the link Hogdaddy, I read that a couple of months ago it has alot of great info and it definitely helped me understand the whole guano thing a little better. I have a post somewhere on there, wouldn't recommend to look for it though. But I am also going to use the flowering guano with more P, I forgot to mention that they are 1-2 wks into flower right now.

Back
Top Bottom